Biology exam thoughts (2 Viewers)

wigglestein

HSC
But are there really enzymes in muscle tissue? That's what backed me away from putting enzymes denaturing.
"are there really enzymes in muscle tissue?"

That is what we learn! Enzymes are responsible for all metabolic reactions -- eg glycolytic enzymes, oxidative enzymes in mitochondria... both found in muscle cells responsible for creating ATP [energy to enable life to continue!] ... in fact CO2 is a by-product of aerobic respiration

DepressedPenguino

HSC
Oh my god. I put greater than 1400Hz and i put up to 120,000 (that is for bats!) i confused bats with humans... god dammit

luhanbby

HSC
How about the ATP molecule question, what answer did everyone put?
omg i think i put C. was so confused though something about it being developed in the earliest organisms.. then retained it to pass on.. i thought it was linking to natural selection of favourable characteristics :/

hope i dont sound dumb LOL

Anousha

HSC
Was unhappy with BOSTES this year. That test had no scientists whatsoever, like wtf? no morgan, watson, crick, franklin, wilkins, mendel, boveri, sutton, beadle, tatum. Also, apart from the first dna question and the evolution question there was like no Blueprint of life. Felt like i was doing maintaining a balance and search for better health the whole time. No mutations, no genes maintaining health, no punnet squares, no pedigrees, no meiosis, it had jack shit.
couldn't agree more ^

Loudvicuna

HSC
Lol damn looking back i dun goofed on some MC, what did you guys do for 15? I put C

Loudvicuna

HSC
Also the sound shadow asked for frequency range so I don't think 1400Hz+ is right, since it doesn't imply a limit

Flop21

HSC
Also the sound shadow asked for frequency range so I don't think 1400Hz+ is right, since it doesn't imply a limit
So answer would have been 1400Hz - 20000Hz. Damn, I hope they take 1400Hz + as correct since the + implies to the limit of human hearing.

Mr_Kap

HSC
but as the frequencu get higher, the wavelength gets lower.

v = f*lambda

v is constant so as f increases, lambda (wavelength) decreases, hence produces a sonic shadow. Even if we cant hear that high frequencies the sonic shadow still happens

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
For question 15 there was three different colours produced in the offspring, so shouldn't D be the answer?

ifireballx

HSC
For question 15, if you related to mendel it would be RR and rr however since it is codominance it must be RR and YY where RY makes orange.
Also remember that mendels ratio in genotype is 1 TT : 2Tt : 1 tt and that he did two crosses. The first crosses was between two purebred and the second was crossing the resulting peas ie Tt x Tt to produce the 1:2:1 genotype. 3:1 mendelian ratio was the phenotype.

Mr_Kap

HSC
but as the frequencu get higher, the wavelength gets lower.

v = f*lambda

v is constant so as f increases, lambda (wavelength) decreases, hence produces a sonic shadow. Even if we cant hear that high frequencies the sonic shadow still happens
bumping my explanation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)