Biology exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

Mr_Kap

HSC
Yeah I Got 1500~5000hz
At first i said:

1400Hz < frequency < or Equal to 5000Hz

but then i realised that even if you go higher Hz, It would be all good, so i changed it to: Frequency > 1400Hz

anyway im off in a minute or so

Last edited:

luhanbby

HSC
At first i said:

1400Hz < frequency < or Equal to 5000Hz

but then i realised that even if you go higher Hz, a sonic shadow would NOT be made, so i changed it to: Frequency > 1400Hz

anyway im off in a minute or so
whoa whoa what?? i had the same as you for the 1400 < hz < than or equal to 5000..

Mr_Kap

HSC
whoa whoa what?? i had the same as you for the 1400 < hz < than or equal to 5000..
I cant remember if the question said sonic shadow MADE, or NOT MADE..but i know i answered it correctly in the exam.

So it is frequency > 1400Hz

luhanbby

HSC
I cant remember if the question said sonic shadow MADE, or NOT MADE..but i know i answered it correctly in the exam.

So it is frequency > 1400Hz
it was made. so anything lower than the 0.25 m i guess not including 1400;

Flop21

HSC
Don't all cells have a membrane though?
Bacteria are said to be prokaryotic organisms, meaning they do not possess nucleus while fungi are eukaryotic organisms in which they have well-defined nucleus. Additionally, bacteria are considered unicellular microorganisms which can only be seen under a microscope whereas fungi are more complex microorganisms except for yeast. Both organisms have cell walls but the components within the cell walls are different

Read more: Difference Between Fungi and Bacteria | Difference Between | Fungi vs Bacteria http://www.differencebetween.net/science/nature/difference-between-fungi-and-bacteria/#ixzz3oz6XsKCN

I would've imagined they would have had a nucleus drawn if it was fungi???

luhanbby

HSC
I would've imagined they would have had a nucleus drawn if it was fungi???
but fungi is bigger in size :(( damn the pathogen was like.. a bit bigger than the RBC? which is going to rule bacteria out since its like way smaller. damn

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
what does CO2 do to cells --> denatures enzymes
I think they increase cellular reactions rates, because an increase in CO2 increases breathing rate and depth, this increase in cellular reaction rates?

Loudvicuna

HSC
I think they increase cellular reactions rates, because an increase in CO2 increases breathing rate and depth, this increase in cellular reaction rates?
An increase in CO2 decreases cellular reaction rates though since the cell becomes more acidic which isn't optimal for enzyme activity --> eventually denaturing

Think what you're describing is homeostasis

HSC
It makes cell more acidic leading to denaturing enzymes which inhibits metabolism

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
An increase in CO2 decreases cellular reaction rates though since the cell becomes more acidic which isn't optimal for enzyme activity --> eventually denaturing
But are there really enzymes in muscle tissue? That's what backed me away from putting enzymes denaturing.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
How about the ATP molecule question, what answer did everyone put?

HSC
Was unhappy with BOSTES this year. That test had no scientists whatsoever, like wtf? no morgan, watson, crick, franklin, wilkins, mendel, boveri, sutton, beadle, tatum. Also, apart from the first dna question and the evolution question there was like no Blueprint of life. Felt like i was doing maintaining a balance and search for better health the whole time. No mutations, no genes maintaining health, no punnet squares, no pedigrees, no meiosis, it had jack shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)