Biology in Focus HSC (1 Viewer)

HiHaii

HSC
What does everybody think about Biology in Focus HSC ?

Last edited by a moderator:

blackops23

HSC
Re: Upload Biology in Focus HSC

Is biology in focus the best textbook?

Like if you know EVERYTHING in that textbook, will you get a mark of 95+ in the HSC?

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

Is biology in focus the best textbook?

Like if you know EVERYTHING in that textbook, will you get a mark of 95+ in the HSC?
No chance, If you know Everything in Jacaranda you will get 95.

That book if filled with so much info.

HiHaii

HSC

I use Biology in Context and Heinemann. Both aren't that good. Heinemann is too explicit and does not explain the syllabus to the point where you would understand. Biology in Context is too broad, it goes off topic at most times. It can be used as a second reference.
This is why I'm looking for Biology in Focus. The textbook does not go off topic. I heard would explains every part of the syllabus which is the only thing you need.

@ FCB
Does the Jacaranda textbook come it a CD?

Last edited:

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

Umm, no it doesnt.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

If you dont think Bio in contexts is any good then you probably wont like jacaranda.

HiHaii

HSC

I actually like Jacaranda. The context seems pretty good.
Not that bad compared to bio in context

blackops23

HSC

If you dont think Bio in contexts is any good then you probably wont like jacaranda.
so you need jacaranda to get to get 95+

What about NSW biology? That seems really detailed by often it goes a little off path, i.e. the information does not correlate with the structure ofthe dot points.

How are you meant to get over 95+? I purchased notes from so guy that got 98 in biology, and his notes while excellent were around 130 pages for the whole course.
So how do you get over 95+, is a THOROUGH understanding of the dot points not enough?

Also yes Biology in Context is a piece of crap, never make your notes from their, however i only read it for a bit of "fun" reading.

x_cp3

HSC

what edition of bio in context are u idiots talking about? If you're talking bout the latest edition 3rd one u guys are fcuked up, that book is detailed that it might get u a state rank. =)

blackops23

HSC

what edition of bio in context are u idiots talking about? If you're talking bout the latest edition 3rd one u guys are fcuked up, that book is detailed that it might get u a state rank. =)
i got 2nd edition...

vemanjj

HSC
Uni Grad

For me Biology in Focus and NSW Biology are the best, they go into so much detail. I have found with other textbooks like biology in context and jacaranda they don't fully answer the dot point e.g. one says say why it is hard to define health and disease or something and they just use the WHO definition which doesnt explain the fact health can be based on daily activities and your outlook and how you are feeling generally and they don't say the inconsistencies with the definition of disease whereas Biology in Focus and NSW Biology do. I would highly recommend them :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)