Blood donation (1 Viewer)

trickx

HSC
The spam mail after you donate gets hella annoying after a while. They post letters every few weeks sending you on a guilt trip worse than the Christians ...
"Your last donation helped save lives like Georgio" and they have this photo of this little kid staring right at you.
My advice is to donate a few times for the resume benefits, but after your hsc, fuck it. Your blood is sacred.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
I freaked out at first when the lady told me that they will be taking a 'can of coke' amount of blood from me.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The spam mail after you donate gets hella annoying after a while. They post letters every few weeks sending you on a guilt trip worse than the Christians ...
"Your last donation helped save lives like Georgio" and they have this photo of this little kid staring right at you.
My advice is to donate a few times for the resume benefits, but after your hsc, fuck it. Your blood is sacred.
You put it on your resume...wtf

I would love to be able to give blood, I would hope there would be enough blood for me if I was sick and ppl in my family have needed blood transfusions from time to time. If I made the weight requirement and wasn't anemic I'd be there doing it to hope I could look after someone the way they have selflessly given blood for me or my family.

Last edited:

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
Give blood, smash heaps of goon. In that order.

I recommend it from experience.
ooooohhhh noooooooo. hey you do enviro science. i was gonna do that at wollongong, but im now doing physio at uncle. but yeah goon=bad, but i have a cask in my room :/

jennieTalia

HSC
Hahahah I can't donate because I'm a Brit and they think we all have mad cow disease or some shit (crap anyway because I don't eat meat), which sucks because I love doing charity/volunteer things and sort of think...heck, natural help-farm :D.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey guys thanks for all the great suggestions. I am donating on Tuesday 3:50 at Chatswood place. :)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Donated blood last week, mainly went for the free food, but also wanted the satisfaction of helping someone out :)
the chick doing the injecting was heaps funny as well, kept cracking jokes about blood lol...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^lol

Can anyone tell me how often you can give blood? I did it like 2 weeks ago and I am thinking of doing again...soon

Please enlighten me of this.

spence

HSC
I donated blood yesterday when they came to my school =] It felt good afterwards.

Butttttt my mum told me today my dad chucked a spaz when he found out :S What can I say when he confronts me? Preferably something that won't start a heated argument...
Why does he care? It's not hurting anybody

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I donated blood yesterday when they came to my school =] It felt good afterwards.

Butttttt my mum told me today my dad chucked a spaz when he found out :S What can I say when he confronts me? Preferably something that won't start a heated argument...
Just ask him when the last time he helped to save the lives of three people was.
Remind him that every time you donate blood, you potentially save that many people.

johony

HSC
I might try saying that... He doesn't ever admit he's wrong, even though he's wrong VERY often...

What reason would anyone have to be against blood donation? o.0 It's safe to the donor and it helps people.
health and religion

i think your dad might be pedantic about the hygiene of the blood donation service seeing as it was conducted outside of a medical facility, but you should ask him yourself.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I want to donate blood but I'm too young. I can donate next year I think. What's the age you can donate? Is it 16 or 17?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I can't donate because I'm slightly anaemic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)