• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

bludging from now on :) (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Aquawhite said:
I find that if you have put a big effort into the year the holidays need to be a bludge and relax time, otherwise you work overtime and start to lose some intrest in what you're doing. I personally am going to relax but first I have to get a clarinet exam out of the way and I am doing accelerated mathematics... so all throughout the holidays I will be doing Prelim. Maths and Ext1 maths. so I will be ready for the HSC course next year! (Hope I get it all done before I start the HSC course).

I will be ready for the workload of year 11!.... I hope :uhoh:
Good luck mate!
I did the accelerated course and let me tell you - you should do some work in the holidays - I didn't and it was difficult for me to catch up.

victoria10

HSC
Aquawhite said:
I find that if you have put a big effort into the year the holidays need to be a bludge and relax time, otherwise you work overtime and start to lose some intrest in what you're doing. I personally am going to relax but first I have to get a clarinet exam out of the way and I am doing accelerated mathematics... so all throughout the holidays I will be doing Prelim. Maths and Ext1 maths. so I will be ready for the HSC course next year! (Hope I get it all done before I start the HSC course).

I will be ready for the workload of year 11!.... I hope :uhoh:
good luck buddy.

you have a lot more too do then me. i will be working and im going to hamilton island in the holidays so yeah.

bludging.

Kittikhun

HSC
I've received some advice which has influenced my life from a workshop I attended for the SC. The tutor drew up a map of the rest of the time we have in our schooling and it was quite surprising. The time will fly past, he said, and you should be ready for it, especially if you're doing maths which is all algebra, algebra, algebra and algebra. He said that the last thing you want to happen in later life is to say 'oh crap, I should've studied and been commited instead of being a wanker and bludging all the time' etc. (basically the thought of living with regret where he sang that song 'as we go on, we remember, all the times we, bludge together'). He also said to take risks and to do the things that you believe is right, no matter what anybody else says.

I also read in the HSC Study Guide from the Daily Telegraph that previous students recommend reading the things that you are about to do in class the next lesson and comprehending it, together, with answering all the questions in the syllabus with your own words. With all that I'm going to study and revise over my subjects in the holidays to be ready, just in case, because the last thing I want to do is to live my life in regret. I've done it before in the Selective High School test and I don't want to make that mistake again. So, am I bludging in the holidays? Yes, for a time that suits me but then I will go on studying like I'm at school. I think it's the right thing for me to do.

Cardea

HSC
I really admire your dedication! I might take something from that too now.

joyjoyyy

HSC
Thanks Kittikhun.
I feel like I just got a kick up the ass from that
LOL
I have 7 books to read for Eng and Literature
SEVEN!!!!!!! and some of them are like harry potter style in length
Like 3 chapters of maths
chem
and i wanna read some of my psych book to get ahead
fun......

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Cardea said:
I really admire your dedication! I might take something from that too now.
I admire the dedication of anyone who would do that, but thank God I'm not like that.

Argh I get my SC marks tomorrow...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I say no.

Have fun in holidays but don't overdo it. At the same time, form a study plan and study consistenly. It's a really good practice. I studied 1-2 hours a day on Mathematics. And this habit really becomes useful in near future.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
lyounamu said:
I say no.

Have fun in holidays but don't overdo it. At the same time, form a study plan and study consistenly. It's a really good practice. I studied 1-2 hours a day on Mathematics. And this habit really becomes useful in near future.
You my friend have earnt the award of wisest person in the whole world. I never need to study maths in high school ever again though, how lucky am I... :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
supercalamari said:
You my friend have earnt the award of wisest person in the whole world. I never need to study maths in high school ever again though, how lucky am I... :)
lol, thanks.

speedofsound

HSC
supercalamari said:
I had my final lesson of Maths today.

It's a sensational feeling, isn't it?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I KNOW!

Answer to almost every question on the last maths test ever:

And a farewell letter to the maths faculty on the back page.

sundirtwater

HSC
bludge for sure, maybe its bad in the long run but its damn good right now.

Y

yeartenno

doing a bit of revision and year 11 stuff.
but otherwise bludging. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)