Book lists up (1 Viewer)

Jacks

HSC
yeah mine are right too...maybe you're looking at certain units offered at more than one campus...although they are always updating the site, so check back later if there are actually any real errors :)

Super_Flyse

HSC
Cape said:
Score! No textbooks again, well yet anyway, it may change.

*laughs at people who have to spend $100s on books*
*joins in laughing*

Though, I should be quiet because my laughing will probably cause me to need textbooks...
Well, Maybe not, but I'll be one of those people next semester..

Are the lists not working for all the subjects or just the law ones?

L

LaraB

Super_Flyse said:
*joins in laughing*

Though, I should be quiet because my laughing will probably cause me to need textbooks...
Well, Maybe not, but I'll be one of those people next semester..

Are the lists not working for all the subjects or just the law ones?
they weren't working for everything yday

but they're all fine now:)

question - anyone know what it means when it says Foundations Of Management + Webct (onekey Pack)...

like, is that a textbook plus some like...log in for webct or something?

klh

HSC
Cape you can stick that laugh right up your....

there are only 2 units in my selections shown on their, one is 105 and the other abotu 70, i hope the others a readers though i doubt it.

i dont know but do a search on google for onekey, i mean i didnt know aobt th eremote controls for AIM [accounting] and i found out on the day anyway so meh...you might get alink fom webct to an external site thats linked with the textbook or something like that.

oh, and thanks Jacks for reminding us!

L

LaraB

klh said:
Cape you can stick that laugh right up your....

there are only 2 units in my selections shown on their, one is 105 and the other abotu 70, i hope the others a readers though i doubt it.

i dont know but do a search on google for onekey, i mean i didnt know aobt th eremote controls for AIM [accounting] and i found out on the day anyway so meh...you might get alink fom webct to an external site thats linked with the textbook or something like that.

oh, and thanks Jacks for reminding us!
lol i googled it and this is what came up - b asically - people who do the unit sound like lazy shits who refuse to research themselves, so they're MAKING us PAY MONEY! to get a site that links you to researchsites..

what a load of crap! i'm smart enough to research myself... and you can't not pay coz its in a package with the textbook grr.... i hate lazy people who make me fork out money for their laziness lol:p

thsi has gotta be it too coz its a Pearson Education site thingo and they write the books that are on the lists for lotsa business stuff....

OneKey

All you and your students need to succeed

OneKey is Pearson Education’s exclusive new resource for lecturers and students. OneKey gives you access to the best online teaching and learning tools – all available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. OneKey means all your resources are in one place for maximum convenience, simplicity and success.

CONVENIENCE

Prepare more effectively, present more dramatically, and assess more easily. All our best online resources have been combined into one easy-to-use site. Easy access to our premium online content such as Prentice Hall's Grade Assist and our powerful line of customisable eBooks. Also, an abundance of searchable presentation material together with practice activities and test questions – all organised by chapter or topic – make course preparation easy.

SIMPLICITY

With OneKey there is no longer any need for lecturers or students to go to multiple websites to find the resources they need. All our best resources can be accessed with one simple login.

SUCCESS

Thousands of test questions – in multiple formats – let lecturers create and assign tests for automatic grading. More review and assessment tools let students practice, explore on their own, or create study programs to fit their own personal learning style. OneKey is all you and your students need to succeed.

For a list of titles available with OneKey, go to www.prenhall.com/onekey

L

LaraB

natstar said:
That online resource stuff is really good. Especially if you have MC tests. They often have chapter review tests that are MC, so they are good practice.
i object to having to pay for it though.... that kinda crap should just come with the books...

just like i objected to having to pay for a reader last semester because te book wasn't yet published and then having to pay for the book so we bought a reader which we bought again in book form later...grr

ps - i hate all you non law people grr... one law unit's textbooks is 129.95 + 99.95 coz the 2nd on'es recommended but everyone says you really do need it a lot so you can't rely on the library one... usually law's more expensive even than that coz of readers but that one doesn't have a reader far as i know...

i like the business ones... usually no reader and often just one custom publication from $50-$80... so mcuh cheaper and less to carry coz they combine a few..

Last edited by a moderator:

= Jennifer =

HSC
LaraB said:
ps - i hate all you non law people grr... one law unit's textbooks is 129.95 + 99.95 coz the 2nd on'es recommended but everyone says you really do need it a lot so you can't rely on the library one...
awww man I spent my money on clothes for uni :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB said:
ps - i hate all you non law people grr... one law unit's textbooks is 129.95 + 99.95 coz the 2nd on'es recommended but everyone says you really do need it a lot so you can't rely on the library one... usually law's more expensive even than that coz of readers but that one doesn't have a reader far as i know.....
Do you ever stop whinging? You knew it would be expensive. Its your own fault for doing law. Just because I don't have textbooks doesn't mean its cheap. Infact, I guarantee you I spend more than whatever 129.95 and 99.95 on printing and photocopying books during one semester.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Do you ever stop whinging? You knew it would be expensive. Its your own fault for doing law. Just because I don't have textbooks doesn't mean its cheap. Infact, I guarantee you I spend more than whatever 129.95 and 99.95 on printing and photocopying books during one semester.
for god's sake i was kidding

you have no! sense of humour...

and no - regardless that i knew it was expensive - it's not "my fault" the books cost so much - there is no reason why law books should cost so much, especially since not all are substantially bigger than other books...

i'm not 'impressed' by the fact that you psend over 230 per semester on printing and photocopying because so do i!!! on Business assignments alone last semester i spent about $200 in photocopying and printing...

i'm not "complaining" about the money - i only mentioned it because all these new students have been whinging about how expensiv their course is compared to school but their books are next to nothing compared to law or the more expensive arts and business courses

(ps - you arne't one to criticise someone for "whinging" - you have heaps of posts concerened solely with you arguing with others about whether your course is harder n worse than someone elses and why your work experience or work placement or whatever it's called is worse than everyone elses and how your campus is worse than the rest of us...:rolleyes:... the same response applies to you with every whinge you have had - "its your own fault" for doing the course)

Jacks

HSC
hehe ok guys! I didn't start this thread to start an argument :p

Anyways I hope everyone has found their units up on the relevant lists by now...glad to be of service, as they say. :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Lara, you know how you say it will tell you if it is a 'required' text...mine don't some say 'course notes', others say nothing.

If the book lists are right I'll be paying $420 for books this semester and that is all on lawbooks.com except one, lucky some criminology books are sold on that site

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Lara, you know how you say it will tell you if it is a 'required' text...mine don't some say 'course notes', others say nothing.

If the book lists are right I'll be paying $420 for books this semester and that is all on lawbooks.com except one, lucky some criminology books are sold on that site
if it doens't say.. usually it means it's required but not always... might be best to wait til you get the unit outline if you don't wanna spend money unnecessarily...

what units and books are they tho? coz if you post them here - maybe we can let you know whether they're required or recommended or useless lol coz they don't tend to change too much from year to year...

and for those who don'ot know - "course notes" = "unit readers" - they're called readers at uni n that's what we call them, but co-op calls them 'course notes'

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

Super_Flyse

HSC
Jacks said:
hehe ok guys! I didn't start this thread to start an argument :p

Anyways I hope everyone has found their units up on the relevant lists by now...glad to be of service, as they say. :)
I'm of the opinion that any arguement should be dealt in West Side Story style.

And yes, thanks for posting up the book list.

I know this has probably been posted up elsewhere or what not, but where would one find 2nd hand books?

L

LaraB

melsc said:
as far as law - yep intro you'd definitely need em all and theyr'e in a pack anyways so that tells you you need all of them.

You guys have different torts books now:( how dissappointing coz i wanted to sell mine:p... sounds like they got books now on the list that actually tell you things in a concise fashion unlike our book:p

its good too for you guys coz our 'text' wa $140 ish from memory and then most of us bought the ..hmm..can't rememebr what it was called but it was some kind of tutorial series study guide - may be one ofthe ones on your list - too, so it ended up costing more and the book was fat lol:p

nice to know they listen to us when we do the evaluations at the end of semester:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)