Books or refill papers? (1 Viewer)

Noob1314

HSC
How do you guys write your notes at school? Do you buy exercise books and write on it, or do you write on refill papers and file it with a 3 ring folder with tabs for each subject? I'm not sure how I should take my notes.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It really depends on what you plan to do with them. If you are going to order them, and sort through them, ring binders the way to go. If all your doing is writing down information, and then plan to synthesise it all later, then a book is fine.

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
Books @ school.

Refill papers when doing the dot point summary.
N.B I don't type up my notes. They're all in my quirky handwriting version.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I use refill papers, so much easier I think.

beardedwoman

HSC
definitely books at school, you'll begin to lose everything and it gets very tedious to be organised with 10000 loose sleeves of paper and a folder. It's a wonder how I still managed to do my dot points for chem and bio.

I ended up using books after like 2 terms.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
don't need to remember to bring any specific books as well (with some exceptions)
c'mon, as if you can't remember to bring some books...pffft, u still gotta bring a text book in most cases, if not electronic, so yea not like ur gona forget.

bouncing

HSC
refill papers.. but then eventually i just ended up with a lecture pad that had a shitload of different stuff in it so if you're organised go leaflets if your not go book and book looks neat :)

also if you're like me and you NEVER look at your class work ever again and rely entirely on textbooks when it comes to notes.. u dont need anything at all (ie. useless lecture pad)

kcqn93

HSC
i have a book for Ancient history and for everything else i use refill

for maths i use anything i can find, as it's paper, usually scrap from the library or the printing room

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
don't need to remember to bring any specific books as well (with some exceptions)
Yea, everything is in the one folder (except for topics we've finished, which are in other folders), and it also seems lighter.

HSC
Uni Grad
me = textbook write stuff there
for maths i have exercise book (school), exercise book (tutoring), formula book (coz school makes us), maths folder (stuff that's work) and another maths folder (formula sheets)

i'm planning to write notes on sheets so that i wont have to keep flicking back to my textbook and exercise books

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
i have a book for Ancient history and for everything else i use refill

for maths i use anything i can find, as it's paper, usually scrap from the library or the printing room
LOL yes, free paper ftw.

octopie

HSC
I use refill pages, cause I don't usually make summaries (which I type up) as soon as we finished learning that dot point, and I like keeping related information together. If I wrote in a book and kept everything in date sequence, info on that dot point would be all over the place. 1 folder for school, 1 folder for each subject at home, 1 folder for summaries. And I don't lose sheets cause I hole punch/stick reinforcer stickers on sheets as soon as I get them so they don't rip every time I flick through folders.

People at school seem to be easily amazed by those stickers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)