BOS has no idea... (1 Viewer)

themanman

HSC
N/A
They have made an exam for everything they despise

Paper 1: Catered to Pre-planned responses whilst everyone else who played the game the way they wanted it done got fucked over

Paper 2: (easy for me) but ridiculously hard for people doing plays/novels

One of the most unfair papers ever implemented

Band 6 cut-off = 74 (an all time low)

Good job BOS

amour

Female
HSC

Paper 1: Catered to Pre-planned responses whilst everyone else who played the game the way they wanted it done got fucked over

Good job BOS
I actually liked our paper this year

forthehsc

HSC

Good job BOS
^agreed, probably one of the shittest papers

amour

Female
HSC
i'm guessing what you studied linked in quite easily to the papers?
yeh, i found it pretty easy too. mainly coz all my texts fitted in well.
though i have a few doubts about 50th gate... unique? hmm. well see haha

likethatfish

HSC
yeah Had 50th Gate and Schindler's List as an other related text so module c was easy

Jaymay

HSC

Good job BOS
Totally disagree... Paper 1 screwed all pre planned responses as it was about place... unless your essay was about place, it would have suited people who had a few quotes from other sources aswell.

Paper 2 for me was fine (I did justice game, FrankenBR and Hammy) I did hamlet and that question was much better than the rest of them, especially if they specified a speech you hadn't studied.

But im shit at english :p

likethatfish

HSC
Frankenstein and Blade Runner was easy, it was basically the same as a practice essay i did so i was happy with that,and Hamlet wasn't that bad overall

enoilgam

HSC

Couldnt agree more with this. Last year, they bitched on about how they were going to crack down on memorisied responses yet they made a paper which was perfect for them. BOS sucks, english needs a major overhaul.

Last edited:

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
I actually liked our paper this year
I think we just got lucky due to good texts.

Totally disagree... Paper 1 screwed all pre planned responses as it was about place... unless your essay was about place, it would have suited people who had a few quotes from other sources aswell.
Precisely. Good luck going in there with a planned essay, place was not one most people would have planned for.

Couldnt agree more with this. Last year, they bitched on about how they were going to crack down on memorisied responses yet they made a paper which was perfect for them. BOS sucks, english needs a major overhaul.
Wait, what? Perfect for memorised responses? I'm not sure about the other texts, but for Namesake, which is about names and culture, a memorised response would have needed a massive overhaul (Place =/= Culture, place can affect or contribute to culture, but it's not the same).

amour

Female
HSC

Precisely. Good luck going in there with a planned essay, place was not one most people would have planned for.
Haha, yeh we did get lucky :p
If you did As you like it for belonging- the AOS q was like <33333333

enoilgam

HSC

Wait, what? Perfect for memorised responses? I'm not sure about the other texts, but for Namesake, which is about names and culture, a memorised response would have needed a massive overhaul (Place =/= Culture, place can affect or contribute to culture, but it's not the same).
With a partially memorised response which is what most people use, it would have been easy to mould.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
English needs to be cut. It's the most pointless, irrelavent, and stressful subject. I see more use in Visual Arts than English. Absolute BS. Today's Hamlet question was like a 1970's one. It's nearlon impossible not to memorise an essay. To be able to write a good length, detailed essay with the question well answered - 40 mins is just not enough. I know they can't do anything, and i appreciate that, but it's not fair. Nothing is ever good enough in English, and they wonder why.

Sorry man it wasn't a dig in replying to your comment.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mate, everyone knew it would be on place. I predicted this ages ago but decided not to plan a response because I thought "nah! BOS wouldn't be that predictable." they were. :/
Paper 1 was shit as fuck for people that had quotes and shit. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)