BoS Maths Trials 2017 (1 Viewer)

SaltSolutionPromo

HSC
N/A
Before the respective HSC exam

Though feel free to request hints/short solutions to any particular question you want an answer for now
For the Q11 (c)(i) vectors question, after using the triangular inequality, how do you come to the inequality you're required to prove? I can't seem to work out how to algebra this.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
For the Q11 (c)(i) vectors question, after using the triangular inequality, how do you come to the inequality you're required to prove? I can't seem to work out how to algebra this.
Use the triangle inequality on the LHS then expand and simplify :)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Basically the sum of the terms inside the absolute values on the LHS is equal to the expression in the absolute values on the RHS (that is, (a-b)(c-d) + (a-d)(b-c) = (a-c)(b-d)). So the result follows from the triangle inequality (|z| + |w| ≥ |z + w|).

Raeservoir

HSC
Just to check, is it too much to ask to see our papers? Only if it's not a hassle, wouldn't mind seeing the places where I screwed up when I shouldn't have :eek:

(I haven't looked at the paper since, decided past HSC papers were a bit more down to earth wew)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It might be difficult since all the papers were separated question by question for marking in different piles, and there is a lot of pages that needs to be scanned for one person, and given that the organisers are doing it on a voluntary basis and they have full time work (the people who wrote the exams), it is highly unlikely they will have the time to do that... except in exceptional circumstances or by exercise of their personal discretion.

Raeservoir

HSC
It might be difficult since all the papers were separated question by question for marking in different piles, and there is a lot of pages that needs to be scanned for one person, and given that the organisers are doing it on a voluntary basis and they have full time work (the people who wrote the exams), it is highly unlikely they will have the time to do that... except in exceptional circumstances or by exercise of their personal discretion.
Ah right, that's okay. Thanks though, I'll keep my eye out for the answers + the final marks then ^^

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Just to check, is it too much to ask to see our papers? Only if it's not a hassle, wouldn't mind seeing the places where I screwed up when I shouldn't have :eek:

(I haven't looked at the paper since, decided past HSC papers were a bit more down to earth wew)
I'm looking into this possibility, but the decision ultimately lies with Carrotsticks and Trebla.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
This. Thank you for explaining, Strawberrye.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hey, when will the marks be shown to the forum? If they have already is it possible for a link? Thank you very much!
Soon. Give it a couple more hours ;)

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
when one person is out of commission for a few hours and everyone stays up late getting solutions together :')

#sleep4days

seanieg89

HSC
What is the reasoning behind the second line of the estimate for |Q(k*alpha)| in the solution to Q16h) ?

As written, that does not seem complete to me.

Raeservoir

HSC
>dying at someone getting 8/15 congrats Calamebe
Did a little worse than I thought, 50/58 for the marks I attempted. *shrugs* thanks for your time though everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)