• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BOS meetup @ O-week thread! (3 Viewers)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
heh heh. One vote does not a mod make. Besides, present usyd mods are relatively inactive.
yeah, i agree they are so inactive, i can find like a hand full of mods. that haven't even posted for months. and hence, thats why they shuld let us "active" ppl. take some part of the mod. position. :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
:lol:
: haha, the superior, yet deleted, smiley :

I'll be honest. I did not see your application tooheys. That either says there was a first stage and you didn't pass, or you didn't reply officially to laz's request.
i dont think i really 'applied' for the job man
LOL all i did was pm the current mod for ipt saying 'im interested in a mod position - what should i do' or something like that

and yeah - i didnt get any reply - so i guess i was rejected LOL
hmm....

Wyvern

HSC
i got maths at 8am tomorrow :/

btw are elec1001 tuts on this week?

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Wyvern

well if u've got a lecture for that subject already- then u might have that tut...otherwise u shouldn't b having it then. :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Wyvern

nope, labs and tuts for elec aren't on this week, only the lectures.

Winston

HSC
tooheeyyz are u sure we have to get a textbook for 1001?... co-op bookshop doesn't say we have to.. hmm im gona find out tommorow when i have my first 1001 lecture :p...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
tooheeyyz are u sure we have to get a textbook for 1001?... co-op bookshop doesn't say we have to.. hmm im gona find out tommorow when i have my first 1001 lecture :p...
yeah i didnt get it - but when u get in the shop, theres a notice ontop of the calculus books 'for maths students doing 001 and the adavanced one' whatever number it is

just wait till 2morrow - hopefully they wont run out!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
ru talking abt. text books for maths?? :S

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
if ur talking abt. maths i quote u this post, note even thought it mentiones 1901- we still have the same textbooks and notes. :)

Originally posted by jawed_r
For both MATH1901 and MATH1902 you need to get the printed lecture notes from Kopystop which is down near broadway shopping centre. These contain the material for the courses as well as copies weekly tutorials, and are pretty cheap.

Unfortunately last year there were no seperate notes for MATH1901 students, you had to use the notes from the normal level course (MATH1001) which don't cover all of the advanced level topics. Hopefully they will have fixed that this year.

For MATH1901 theres also a recommended textbook, called Calculus, by James Stewart. Its pretty good, covers pretty much everything, but its also pretty big and expensive ($100+ new, less 2nd hand.) If you're planning to do Calculus in higher years its IMO definitely worth the investment. If you are only going to do it in first year the value for money is more questionable. The decision is up to you - the textbook is helpful but not essential, the course isnt based around it.

Theres no textbook aside from the lecture notes for MATH1902.

Good luck :)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah man theres this big thick and really expensive calculus text book in the co-op shop

im assuming its for us. but dont get unless ur told too :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by tooheyz
yeah man theres this big thick and really expensive calculus text book in the co-op shop

yep, as mentioned in the post that i quoted, that its a reccomended textbook to get, and its especially good if ur gonna do calculus in the second year also (which most engineering students are gonna b doing!!)...so yeah, i gotta save up to buy that book. :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by tooheyz

well it really isnt needed for us yet.. because the lecturer said we're using lecture notes this semester and not using the textbook, its in the comment in the co-op site..

Institution: UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY - SYDNEY
Course Code: MATH1001
Subject: NORMAL CALCULUS DIFFERENTIAL
Department: SCHOOL OF MATHS & STATISTICS
Lecturer: MS SANDRA BRITTON
Store: UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Comment: SUMMER USING LECTURE NOTES FROM DEPT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)