BOS Voting Intentions: 2013 Federal Election (1 Viewer)

House of Representatives first preference

• Liberal / National

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • Greens

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Katter's Australia Party

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Palmer United Party

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Other Minor Party

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Tasteless

HSC
freedom h8r

im legit super happy about this senate result

Heydosaurus

HSC
I may be the one person in New South Wales that actually voted for the Liberal Democratic Party with the intention of voting for the Liberal Democratic Party. Regardless of whether or not this was a mistake, I am quite pleased. =P

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
I fucking despair for the future of this country. People who voted against labor to punish them are just punishing themselves in the long run.
Abbott doesn't come off as being very intelligent, you never hear a single smart thing come out of that guys mouth

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I fucking despair for the future of this country. People who voted against labor to punish them are just punishing themselves in the long run.
Abbott doesn't come off as being very intelligent, you never hear a single smart thing come out of that guys mouth
He's a Rhodes Scholar, but he doesn't understand the simplest of shit, or at least comes off that way.
But this could all be a facade for something ~~~

Because in general, society doesn't like smart people.
Because tall poppy syndrome.

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
He's a Rhodes Scholar, but he doesn't understand the simplest of shit, or at least comes off that way.

Society is backwards in many ways. I know hes a Rhodes Scholar, hasnt convinced me hes very smart though

Lentern

HSC
IT'S HAPPENING LENTERN

Libertarian senator, Clivo Palmo as a member of the house of reps, Toby Arnott as the PM, Mirabella nearly lost her seat, Bradby DID lise his seat. The only thing that could have gone better is if Plibersek lost her seat.
You forgot Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce.

Speaking of her, why does there appear to be a a campaign to make her leader? Surely they can see how that would be destined to end in very Brendan like circumstances?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

i don't really think the Rhodes Scholarship is strictly speaking an academic one anyway though someone can correct me if I'm wrong

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
i don't really think the Rhodes Scholarship is strictly speaking an academic one anyway though someone can correct me if I'm wrong
Well at the moment, it seems you have to do fairly well at uni and still meet a standard which would permit admission to Oxford as per:

http://files.www.rhodesscholarshiptrust.com/Application/AustraliaMemorandum.pdf

That being said, I have no idea how the standards may have changed over the past few decades but I'm not convinced Abbott is unintelligent. I'm convinced he over simplifies things to sell his policies (whether this is right or wrong is up to debate).

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

George Bush went to Harvard and Yale. Those schools are EXTREMELY hard to get into, same with being a Rhodes scholar (bill clinton was one). I think the unintelligent shit is just him trying to win the regular joe votes. same shit bush did, appealing to the common man and shit.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You forgot Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce.

Speaking of her, why does there appear to be a a campaign to make her leader? Surely they can see how that would be destined to end in very Brendan like circumstances?
Based purely on speculation and anecdotal evidence, I would say it's because Plibercunt has a face everybody knows but doesn't despise (at least in the general public/outside the Liberals). I honestly have no idea what the new Labor leadership will look like, the only real contenders are Plibersek, Bowen, Albanese and Shorten (Burko said he wouldn't run). What I think will happen is Albanese as Opposition leader and Shorten as Deputy, but wouldn't be surprised if the end result was different.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Society is backwards in many ways. I know hes a Rhodes Scholar, hasnt convinced me hes very smart though
yeah, me either
Smart people can hide their awfulness better

yeah, people don't like her, I don't understand...

People always bring it up in that context though. Ugh.

George Bush went to Harvard and Yale. Those schools are EXTREMELY hard to get into, same with being a Rhodes scholar (bill clinton was one). I think the unintelligent shit is just him trying to win the regular joe votes. same shit bush did, appealing to the common man and shit.
But... Bush had connections and Universities in the US base acceptance more on who you are and know than how much you know.

And I'm thinking that too.
Because the only people that call him a sexist and a misogynist are the people who actually understand what the term means, everyone else just joins in, and it's a fucking shame.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
yes because legacy, money, and political affiliations have nothing to do with entrance into ivy league universities - that's why they're EXTREMELY hard to get into.

rhodes scholarship has never been an award for academic achievement, which was only a criteria used to distinguish between those who made it on to the short list due to their sporting and community service achivements and old boy (read: moneyed and political) connections. standards have been relaxed somewhat in recent years, considering one of this year's rhodes scholars is from Griffith University.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Based purely on speculation and anecdotal evidence, I would say it's because Plibercunt has a face everybody knows but doesn't despise (at least in the general public/outside the Liberals). I honestly have no idea what the new Labor leadership will look like, the only real contenders are Plibersek, Bowen, Albanese and Shorten (Burko said he wouldn't run). What I think will happen is Albanese as Opposition leader and Shorten as Deputy, but wouldn't be surprised if the end result was different.
Albanese taking the reins would be expected, but anything could happen at this stage.

Fuck politics.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
yes because legacy, money, and political affiliations have nothing to do with entrance into ivy league universities - that's why they're EXTREMELY hard to get into.

rhodes scholarship has never been an award for academic achievement, which was only a criteria used to distinguish between those who made it on to the short list due to their sporting and community service achivements and old boy (read: moneyed and political) connections. standards have been relaxed somewhat in recent years, considering one of this year's rhodes scholars is from Griffith University.
Getting in is one thing, but finishing a degree is a whole seperate story. He got into harvard and yale. Nowadays ivy leagues don't give two shits about money and legacy, those old boys club days are long gone.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Getting in is one thing, but finishing a degree is a whole seperate story. He got into harvard and yale. Nowadays ivy leagues don't give two shits about money and legacy, those old boys club days are long gone.
hahahhaha people actually believe this hahahaha my god

Lentern

HSC
Imagine if it were Plibersek and Albanese, gawd. The two members for inner west spoilt brats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)