BOW of 2009 : New Year, New Works :) (1 Viewer)

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
ok.
seeming though all of the art kids of 2008 will be sitting in their exams from now, and seeming tho us year 2009 kids have started our HSC work i thought it would only be fair if we are able to disscuss what were excited/nervous about for HSC Visual Arts.
Has anyone thought of ideas yet for your BOW?
[assuming everyone is back to school now]
and what have you been doing in class to introduce you into the HSC course??

many replies please :)

Let's help each other

HSC
DO NOT BE CLOSED MINDED! thats one piece advice.. because if you are you dont know what you are able to do, accept advice from your teachers and do as much research as possible and dont be afraid if it changes.

dinopoke

HSC
I'm planning on doing a three piece cityscape so I've been drawing/writing up ideas about it in my VAD. I'm still a little unsure about it, how do markers feel about landscapes/cityscapes?

Shin Ramyun

HSC
I've begun to brainstorm and almost solidified my idea for BOW, which heavily revolves around my obcessions and how they challenge Art by bending and breaking the rules, hur hur.. I think I'm gonna be drawing the whole thing.. :0

rawdevil1992

HSC
Urgh Im really paranoid at the moment
coz at the end of last year i was thinking of doing something on futurism/technology (which sounded great but the ideas led to nowhere)
Then when i got back to school i changed my mind and wanted to do a series of fashion and beauty photographs with ugly models (WTF was i thinking...)
and now im thinking of doing photographs with a skeleton around my boarding house (to say that boarding dehumanizes u and all that) but it costs like a grillion dollas to get a skeleton (and the trouble of getting it around)

now in class my teacher's getting me to cut up fashion magazines and collarge shit...

im afraid that this is gonna go nowhere and i really NEED to rock this BOW...

HELP!! SOS

needles

fairyfloss.
HSC
We haven't really been doing that much in class yet, we still seem to be doing year 11 stuff for our first assesment we are handing in a bunch of stuff on 'nature and the environemnt' and are working in our old diaries as welll as our new ones
i hope to be well on the way with my BOW by the end of the christmas holidays because I'm doing 3 major works that will take up heaps of time!!
Atm i'm looking at doing the business and glamorous world and how they take for granted the small things in life that the 3rd world countries would never dream of. Even decent meals and access to water and other such simplicities.

Goodluck everyone!!

Lopalis

HSC
here is a good trick
in your VA do a mind map
what i like
what i remember
what i am concerned about
what things influence me

then write what eva comes to your mind

mine was dreams

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
ADVICE:

find someone that is completely disconected from school and HSC and is insanely creative and steal every single idea they throw at you... run to them whenever your lacking fresh ideas, whenever your stuck for a word, whenever you just need to get that vibe back.
Talk over all your ideas with them, get past the cliches, go beyond your own current capabilities- your ability will grow with your passion, determination, and ideas!
This person is really really important in developing you as an artist. Your teacher has a bunch of others to concentrate on too... they're going to be getting all your ideas jumbled up. your teacher is your technical and theoretical guide... your person is your god.

verdades

HSC
At the moment I'm doing the eyes; the concept that they are the window to the soul and how humans use make up and masks to hide themselves from the real world, and also, the role colour plays in the image produced. xD.
Oh and thanks Lopalis, totally going to do that.

lisaxX

HSC
verdades said:
At the moment I'm doing the eyes; the concept that they are the window to the soul and how humans use make up and masks to hide themselves from the real world, and also, the role colour plays in the image produced. xD.
Oh and thanks Lopalis, totally going to do that.
i wanted to do eyes for my BOW for my hsc this year, and have like images and reflections in the eyes, but my teacher said that its to cliche, and the whole concept of the eye as a window has been done. i really wanted to do it, but stupid teacher didnt want me too =[

verdades

HSC
lisaxX said:
i wanted to do eyes for my BOW for my hsc this year, and have like images and reflections in the eyes, but my teacher said that its to cliche, and the whole concept of the eye as a window has been done. i really wanted to do it, but stupid teacher didnt want me too =[
It is cliche, sadly xD.
So I'm just being unoriginal and boring. Plus, my current art teacher is more of a "you're doing the work and doing a good job therefore you are awesome" type of person, so he wouldn't tell me to change what I chose, anyway. Which is good in the sense of free will, but in a more teacherly sense, he's not the best out there. At least your teacher's trying to help.
On the upside, you can think of something unique? =] xD
What are you doing, anyway?
Anyway I'll also stop rambling at you, haha.

butterlegs

HSC
I'm exposing my own hypocrasies in my personal interests. I'm an advocate for human rights and the eradication of poverty, yet I have an interest in haute couture and fashion aswell. I want to show how superficial the fashion world is and how hypocritical I feel. Still not sure how to do so yet! :)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
My work is about happiness and I'll be painting a series of portraits.
It's a pretty basic concept but I'm no good when it comes to working with concepts. I just like painting portraits and working on my technique and colour mixing. My teacher said I can achieve in the 40-50 mark range for my major work purely on technical ability. So my work is simply capturing peoples happiness through composition and colour.

And also, did anyone else here go to the NAS HSC Intensive Studio Practice Course in July/October? If so, what course did you do and did you find it helpful?
Because I was in painting and I thought it was absolutely brilliant and I learnt so so so much.

dolphy-chan

j00 FAIL @ LYF!!!
HSC
N/A
I've got my idea down pat, 'technological impact on my life' and I know how I'm going to do it and all, but I was just wondering, does anyone know when the actual thing is like due and has to be sent off? Because dates would be useful for me right about now....I need them deperately!! *stresses*

lindsaybelle

HSC
90% of the BOW pieces submitted will be cliche crap like teenager issues and shit. a lot of the artworks will be in a room (depending on the group they're under) and you want to make the markers walk past it and stop, not just keep walking cos its the same.
think of something really conceptual. that shows thorough resolution.
thats what my art teacher told me anyway :)

aliwonga

HSC
the name i want said:
DO NOT BE CLOSED MINDED! thats one piece advice.. because if you are you dont know what you are able to do, accept advice from your teachers and do as much research as possible and dont be afraid if it changes.
What do you mean by closed mind?

aliwonga

HSC
I'm thinking of heaven and hell. but right now i don't have a strong concept of it. so I need pictures of heaven and hell and angels, etc to have references with. It will be better and easier than thinking out of my mind. :D

Anyway, good luck everyone!

candygore

HSC
the concept doesn't really matter. whether it's cliched or not, as long as you convey your concept visually and technically sophisticated, you'll get a pretty good mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)