Boy, 12, turns into girl (2 Viewers)

saberbladexx

HSC
I dont understand how the child's parents think the 12 year old is mature enough to make such a huge life changing decision.

theprofessor

HSC
He can't have treatment until he goes through puberty anyway, didn't you read the article?
If someone did want to have a sex change, wouldn't the best time to do so would be before puberty? This way, they do not have to remove changes that occur due to puberty i.e. in the case of boy to girl, remove beard hair, and for girl to boy, remove their breasts. Also, it takes a while for a person who has a sex change to develop sex characteristics of their new sex e.g. in the case of the guy, developing breasts (excluding fertility, which is lost after a sex change). If the sex change was before puberty, the person wouldn't be receiving these changes late.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
If someone did want to have a sex change, wouldn't the best time to do so would be before puberty? This way, they do not have to remove changes that occur due to puberty i.e. in the case of boy to girl, remove beard hair, and for girl to boy, remove their breasts. Also, it takes a while for a person who has a sex change to develop sex characteristics of their new sex e.g. in the case of the guy, developing breasts (excluding fertility, which is lost after a sex change). If the sex change was before puberty, the person wouldn't be receiving these changes late.
Yes, obviously, but legally the doctors can't do anything until he goes through puberty. I'm not saying I agree with that.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I honestly don't understand how you can get a sex change, and then have the mindset that you won't be terrorised..

cactuar

HSC
Even if she gets bullied? Abused by other kids?

P.S. used "she" because that is what she is really. what makes a man a man and a woman a woman??
no, its not.

he was born as a he with all the parts to be a he. you may say that 'he is a she in her mind and that what counts' but that is a mental defect, not what they really are.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I honestly don't understand how you can get a sex change, and then have the mindset that you won't be terrorised..
The poor girl was a 'trapped in a boys body' i don't think she would have had much of a choice. She would have been aware of the consequences of having a sex change and she obviously has weighed the benefits against the cons and made her decision based on that. I admire her for this reason.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I don't think a 12 year old has the mental capacity to make this type of decision properly.

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
She is biologically male, but psychologically identifies as female.

Abuse and bullying is always shameful and undeserved behavior, perpetrated by small, ignorant minds.

dux&src

HSC
I don't think a 12 year old has the mental capacity to make this type of decision properly.
That is true. I think she should have put up with it for a few more years until she knows exactly what she wants to do. I read somewhere this guy had a sex change more than once :jaw: i don't know how they do this to themselves. Just hope the poor girl in this case made a decision that she is prepared to stick through for her life ahead of her.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
gender and sex are two very different things:
1, gender is the social identity what you feel or are percieved (the child in questions sex maybe male but psychologically and socially their gender is female).
2, The child has to undergo both psychological testing and medical testing before it can be completely confirmed (this has to be conducted during and after pubery where possible)
3, WHO CARES IT'S THE KIDS DECISION!

dux&src

HSC
She is biologically male, but psychologically identifies as female.

Abuse and bullying is always shameful and undeserved behavior, perpetrated by small, ignorant minds.
I totally agree with you. Would rep this post if allowed.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
My mind is too small to understand how a guy can think he's a girl :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)