Boy, 12, turns into girl (2 Viewers)

HSC
My mind is too small to understand how a guy can think he's a girl :(
Scientists think that gender is influenced by two things:

1. Chromosomes (which carry the genes) - XX (girl) and XY (boy)
2. Hormones which influence the brain during pregnancy.

The genes give the initial blueprint for sex characteristics. However, if, throughout the pregnancy, the baby is exposed to unusually high levels of certain hormones, this can alter the impact of the genes alone. These hormones influence how the brain structure develops, males and females have different 'types' of brains. So a child who is genetically determined as XY can still be phenotypically, i.e. show the characteristics of, the opposite gender, if they are exposed to the hormones required for the formation of a 'female brain. Also with regard to phenotype, during very early development, the testes and the ovaries are both inside the body and look very similar. It is only after the influence of hormones that the genitals will begin to develop their distinctive characteristics.

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
She is biologically male, but psychologically identifies as female.

Abuse and bullying is always shameful and undeserved behavior, perpetrated by small, ignorant minds.
That is much more acceptance and understanding than one would expect from the Republican Presidential nominee. I congratulate you, Mr McCain, and offer you my humble rep.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
i saw this same thing in law and order once.

the similarities are scary :(

gunne

Mew Nember
HSC
Her parents and doctors would have noticed her gender identity disorder, it's obvious at a young age. This isn't just a phase

Also, I hate the way the article is written. It keeps referring to the girl as "the lad" and "he" which just shows how ignorant most people are

Tangent

HSC
I agree with the Gunne. This article is painting the wrong picture, that it is the families fault that the other children are confused and "crying". The only way to fix things is to educate. Did the kids actually get explained why? Was the assembly like a telling off, without an explanation??

Can any of you remember what it was like to be 12? Damn, there are some 12 year olds more mature than us.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Maybe the kid didn't want everyone else to know? Maybe they asked the principal to keep it on the down low..
Still, sex change isn't normal

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe the kid didn't want everyone else to know? Maybe they asked the principal to keep it on the down low..
Still, sex change isn't normal
Getting a sex change is peculiar. I also don't understand just why people cannot be happy with how they have been born.

kokodamonkey

HSC
he is probably gay. it is disgusting people are alllowed to do these things at such a young age.

omnipotent

HSC
he is probably gay. it is disgusting people are alllowed to do these things at such a young age.
It's disgusting that people are allowed to do these things at ANY age.
I blame the parents too.
If my son was to behave like that, yet alone ask for surgery to change sex, I would disown him if he's lucky, worse if he's not.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I blame the parents too.
If my son was to behave like that, yet alone ask for surgery to change sex, I would disown him if he's lucky, worse if he's not.
Fuck off you ignorant little neanderthal. Disowning your son for wanting a sex change operation, or even being gay? Grow a heart you dim-witted prick.

HSC
N/A
Now boy, 9, is a girl

ANOTHER boy has turned up at school as a girl, it emerged yesterday - this time aged NINE.

Parents rapped the primary school in southern England for not alerting them, and for telling pupils at a special assembly.
Yesterday The Sun revealed that a boy of 12 had started the new term at secondary school as a girl.
Classmates of the nine-year-old sex-change boy were told he had left and been replaced by a girl.
The pupil returned to school the next day - in female uniform, with long hair in a ponytail, tied in pink ribbon.
Parents faced a flurry of questions from their bemused kids after school - and blasted staff at the primary for not informing them of the switch.
One concerned mum said: "My son came home from school and asked why one of his friends had become a girl. I thought he was joking, but he kept asking - that's when alarm bells began ringing.
"The pupil's classmates were told he had left and that a new girl would be starting in his place this term."
The Year Five children were told of what is believed to be Britain's youngest gender swap at the end of their first day back after the summer break.
A special assembly was held by the school's female head, their class teacher and the sex-change pupil's special needs teacher.
As the meeting progressed, staff seemed to acknowledge that the "new" pupil might be recognised by classmates.
The kids were told to call the pupil by a new name - which had been taped to a classroom peg.
The mum added: "They were told the new girl would be using the girls' toilet and that no-one should tease or bully her. If anyone saw the new girl being bullied they should stick up for her."
Exclusive ... our front page

She said: "It upsets me that staff didn't mention it to parents before talking to the pupils.
"We have had to deal with the fall-out from all this. It's not a situation I or other parents are comfortable with and we've not been given any help from the school about how to handle it.
"My son is too young to really understand the significance of what's happening. It's hard to explain to him.
"He doesn't understand the differences between girls' and boys' bodies yet. I'm terrified he'll ask me if he can become a girl as well."
Another parent said: "This is distressing for both parents and kids.
"This is the talk of the playground. The kids have been told to treat this new girl as they would any other pupil, but how can they? They're confused."
The pupil missed the first day at the school on the outskirts of a city in southern England but returned on the second in a blouse and female-cut hipster trousers. It is understood the headteacher had personally masterminded the situation and was keen to help the family ease the child back into school as smoothly as possible.
It is not known whether their name has been changed by deed poll. The pupil is too young to have undergone sex change ops or hormone therapy. Patients must be 18.
A school source said: "The boy had always been rather feminine but it was a complete shock to the teachers as well as parents when the family said he wanted to return as a girl.
"But the school decided to support the child and worked with the family to make the transition as sensitively as possible. It decided to take this action after his case was confirmed by five doctors."
Last night The Beaumont Society, the world's largest transgender organisation, said the nine-year-old gender swap child was the youngest case it had heard of.
A spokeswoman said: "This child is vulnerable to bullying and teasing. They and their family have been seriously misadvised. It is hard enough for an adult to change gender.
"To go the extent that this nine-year-old has gone is unique."
Gender counsellor James Caspian said: "People should not be surprised that a child so young has these feelings. What is more of a surprise is that the child has been able to express them openly, and that because of changes in society those around the child have been so supportive."
The case emerged yesterday as The Sun revealed that a 12-year-old boy had started their first term at secondary school in southern England as a girl.

Advertisement

http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/ne...x250;cat=null;tile=2;bl=No;ord=1253349072617?
Parents who blasted the school and the child's parents on a social networking website were threatened with arrest yesterday.
Cops visited at least one mum and warned that she and others could face prosecution for harassment over their comments.
The pupil's family is under police protection at their home on a council estate.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I blame the parents too.
Getting a sex change is peculiar. I also don't understand just why people cannot be happy with how they have been born.
Read it again.

Gender identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)