Breaking into the A range (1 Viewer)

gilly_bean

HSC
Hi there, I'm in year 11 currently and a solid B student in Advanced. How would you guys recommend moving an essay from a good to outstanding? Thanks :smile:

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
what kind of feedback do you usually get? if you're on a solid b you're probably covering all the bases, now it's all about adding that extra dimension of flair/insight into the given question/sophistication/clarity and outstanding control of language.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
what kind of feedback do you usually get? if you're on a solid b you're probably covering all the bases, now it's all about adding that extra dimension of flair/insight into the given question/sophistication/clarity and outstanding control of language.
For this my teachers always recommended me to have a very conceptual approach to essay questions in the way you structure your arguments i.e. talking about existentialism or something complex like the human condition, reality vs idealism etc
However, once you have thought about your argument you must control your language and structure it accordingly. If your argument is not logically structured, your ideas will have less meaning than if you wrote your solid B-range analysis. So it's definitely risky but worthwhile, given that you spam multiple drafts at your teacher until you hit that A. Always listen to your teacher.

PS: I was getting a lot of Bs at the start of the year until I grasped these ideas, and I am in Year 12. I'm sure you can as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)