• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Brett Kimmorley (1 Viewer)

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
He had the worst game, well i dunno if he is normally that shit but he should be dropped. It was not just that intercept that earns him the title of "queensland player of the game", it was the conversion kick he missed, his overall shit kicking game, and his complete lack of skills.

Kimmorley=worst blues player ever

richz

really u cant blame just kimmorley, it was barretts fault too, but he improved as the game went on, but for kimmorley his kicking game which was talked up before the game was horrible, drop him and put orford or finch!

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
I suppose you could argue that the broncos did more eye gouging and face burying than the blues, which might explain Brett's shocking game.

I wish.

How can anyone sit through a whole league game? I just get shocked that in the first 10 mins not 1, not 2, but at least 3 players get eye gouged. Screw that.

Jiga

One of the most over-hyped, under-achieving players in the game next to Brad Fittler (yes, I'm aware he's retired) and Andrew Johns.
That speaks for itself doesnt it!!!!

As for Kimmorley, wasnt his best game, but some peoples lack of football knowledge really show on here sometimes. We lay all the blame on BK, what about the fact that NSW had no go forward? Could this have made Kimmorley rush his kicks, be under more pressure when kicking etc!?!? Or what about his lack of support from Barret, the hog who had such a 'perfect game' (Despite hogging it, trying to put his usual step on a wall of QL props, and kicking bombs out without any pressure)? Lets no forget Rickys input, did we ever think that maybe his strategies going into the game were wrong - like choosing a 'mobile' pack up against a huge QL pack, it sought of showed how much of a great coach that man is without Gould. On the kick by Kimmorely, this also refelcts they great intellectual capabilites of Ricky, lets give a guy who hasnt kicked all year, as he is 3rd string for the sharks, he doesnt even practice for it these days, to kick in a high pressure situation! Lastly, It was also very apparent how much the team tried to play like a one man team, their is no 'i' in team! Yet every player was trying to go all out against a united QL side - this meant that Kimmorley didnt get the control over the game that he should have. And on that intercept, not his best, but we are forgetting that great pass which led to a try, one moment your praising the man as he pulled it off, the next your stabbing him in the back because a 50/50 chance went against him.

It cant be all Kimmorleys fault, I say its 60/40 the coaches fault, that is the only explanation why a usually dominant half who has played extremely well for the sharks week in week out could have such an ordinary game! :rolleyes:

I predict Kimmorley to bounce back, and even in the absense of Dykes, the sharks will post a cricket scoreline on Parra!!!!! First home game in 4 matches!! And judging from the amount of ticktets sold when I got mine, its going to be a record crowd or close to it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
I suppose you could argue that the broncos did more eye gouging and face burying than the blues, which might explain Brett's shocking game.

I wish.

How can anyone sit through a whole league game? I just get shocked that in the first 10 mins not 1, not 2, but at least 3 players get eye gouged. Screw that.
im pretty sure it was the maroons not the broncos

and theres no excuse of kimmorleys bad game...he just fucked up...BAD....send in orford (first choice) or Gower (2nd choice)...leave barret where he is

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The reason barret didn't do much was because kimmorely had the ball. Within the first 20 minutes it was clear that barret needed the ball instead of kimmorley but they kept giving it to kimmorley anyway.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
well if we drop him *crosses fingers*
it'll be
scott hill 5/8 barrett (1/2back)
or barrett 5/8 matt orford
either one will do...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Argonaut said:
One of the most over-hyped, under-achieving players in the game next to Brad Fittler (yes, I'm aware he's retired) and Andrew Johns.
kimmorley is nowhere near the class of fittler and johns... how has fittler underachieved or overhyped?

the funny thing is during the week, kimmorley was going on about how he never played a decent origin game before, and this match is all about redemption... gee is he eating his words...

the thing is theres next to no chance kimmorley will be dropped by the selectors in favour of orford or gower, unless he gets injured or play even worse the next few weeks. i think johns is the only person the selectors might pick ahead of kimmorly and only if he has blinders after blinders in the next couple of weeks due to the stand by your decisions crap. i'd love to see barrett - anasta combo tho.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Or what about his lack of support from Barret, the hog who had such a 'perfect game' (Despite hogging it, trying to put his usual step on a wall of QL props, and kicking bombs out without any pressure)?
And then suddenly, with that phrase, your whole post lost credibility.

I don't know what game you were watching, but in the first half Barrett touched the ball about ten times. Kimmorley was NSW's operator in the first half, and it showed on the scoreboard. He refused to go out to the right, persisting again and again with trying to attack Casey Maguire after Bowman got taken off. He didn't even realise that on the right flank he had two players who guy by the names of Mark Gasnier (arguably the best centre in the world when in form, which he is starting to get into) and Matt King (arguably the best winger in the NRL this season). And where were we? 13 - 0 down.

The second half ran like this: Ricky Stuart told NSW to look for Barrett. Barrett looked to the right, where Gasnier and King were playing. NSW scored 20 unanswered points in 20 minutes.

So mate, if you are accusing Barrett of hogging the ball in the second half, think again. If they had thrown the ball to Kimmorley in the second half, NSW would have lost by 30. Ok, 29 or 31. Sorry.

But I will agree with you on pretty much everything else you wrote. However, Kimmorley was chosen because he is supposedly ABLE to orchestrate something when the forwards are getting dominated. If they wanted a halfback who can only play well when the forwards are dominating, they would have chosen a certain Matt Orford.

Jiga

Fair argument.

But I will agree with you on pretty much everything else you wrote. However, Kimmorley was chosen because he is supposedly ABLE to orchestrate something when the forwards are getting dominated. If they wanted a halfback who can only play well when the forwards are dominating, they would have chosen a certain Matt Orford.
I disagree here though, no matter your class, if your forwards are getting dominated, like they were for NSW, your 1/2 cant exactly orchestrate anything in your own 30!

The second half ran like this: Ricky Stuart told NSW to look for Barrett. Barrett looked to the right, where Gasnier and King were playing. NSW scored 20 unanswered points in 20 minutes.
Kimmorley set up one of those - a similar pass to the one that got intercepted

All in all, I think some people over-react, BK has been playing very well for the sharks, that game was 1:1,000,000 bad game and will never occur again.....provided he has a decent pack behind him. The footy show panel re-affirmed my views. Either way, I dont really care, if he doesnt get selected, he will play for the sharks and embaress the NSW Selectors who have already over-looked players like Gallen and Clinton.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
i dont give a fuck if noddy fucked up in origin
i really dont care..
as long as he plays good for the sharks....

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
cappen said:
im pretty sure it was the maroons not the broncos

and theres no excuse of kimmorleys bad game...he just fucked up...BAD....send in orford (first choice) or Gower (2nd choice)...leave barret where he is
Close enough. Same state, same crappy crappy sport.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
QUEESNALNDER!

But BK is the greatest player in the NRL, so stop bagging him. The NSW forwards are pretty crap, cos they dont seem to go forward. Maybe if the word "form" in the dictionary was not defined by "Dragons, Rooster, Bulldog" , maybe NSW would've had a different story.

GO YOU SHARKIES!!!! 60 - 4 over the Eels this week.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
funny... theres only 1 bulldogs players selected... on the bench and the 3 roosters players in NSW were among the best on the whole field ... oops there goes your theory

also BK = Ben Kennedy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)