Brisingr (1 Viewer)

Jessica14

HSC
Okay, who else was waiting at the bookstore yesterday when it came out at 1401 AEST? I'm up to page 133 so far.... I had 2 parties this weekend otherwise I would be finished.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
actually, i was in borders in the city when it was released. but i was downstairs reading roger ebert's "your movie sucks" which is a compilation of the movies he's reviewed and given 0 to :eek:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i quite liked the previous books.

To each, their own is what I say.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
holy crap, WHY DOES WIKIPEDIA ALREADY HAVE THE COMPLETE PLOT??? NOW I KNOW THAT #$%^ IS ~$^G&N&S $%&*E~ AND THAT ^R*^@% AND %&*#$% ^I$'S!!!!!!!!!

Same thing happened when deathly hallows came out: "Wow so its released!...ok...yes...wait WHY AM I READING THIS!!!!!!!! SPOILRZZZZZ!"

Yeah, gotta get brisingr wen uni finishes.

bawd

HSC
Omie Jay said:
holy crap, WHY DOES WIKIPEDIA ALREADY HAVE THE COMPLETE PLOT??? NOW I KNOW THAT #$%^ IS ~$^G&N&S $%&*E~ AND THAT ^R*^@% AND %&*#$% ^I$'S!!!!!!!!!

Same thing happened when deathly hallows came out: "Wow so its released!...ok...yes...wait WHY AM I READING THIS!!!!!!!! SPOILRZZZZZ!"

Yeah, gotta get brisingr wen uni finishes.
Hahahahaha. LOL. I do that sometimes as well.

Is the Eragon series good by the way? And why should I read it?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
"Is it good by the way?" she asks...

IMO its the best book series ever, better than harry potter, i really like the last 3 hp books, the others not as much, but the inheritance cycle (eragon, eldest, brisingr) are such awesome books. YOU MUST READ!

bawd

HSC
Omie Jay said:
"Is it good by the way?" she asks...

IMO its the best book series ever, better than harry potter, i really like the last 3 hp books, the others not as much, but the inheritance cycle (eragon, eldest, brisingr) are such awesome books. YOU MUST READ!
Of course I am going to ask if it is good, how the heck am I supposed to know whether or not I will be wasting my time reading it? People said the same thing about Twilight, namely that it was better than Harry Potter and it was a shocking disappointment.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
bawd said:
Of course I am going to ask if it is good, how the heck am I supposed to know whether or not I will be wasting my time reading it? People said the same thing about Twilight, namely that it was better than Harry Potter and it was a shocking disappointment.
I've read half of Eragon (which was enough) and it's written clunkily and has a somewhat (lol) formulaic and cliched plot - some good ideas but poorly executed.

F-O-B

HSC
Read the first book..
totally crapola IMO. didnt the guy write it when he was 13 or some crap? he's basically come up with a really cliched story, threw in some big random words n BAM you have Eragon.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
withoutaface said:
Weren't the previously books terrible, cliched junk?
heck yes. Rip off of everything from Star Wars to Lord of the Rings.

pathetic garbage. and that's a conservative comment considering the terribly written, cliched and poorly characterised nature of this book.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Omie Jay said:
At least read eragon, bawd, then decide you'll decide to read the others.
or #3 .. since it has a summary of both book 1 and 2 at the beginning. hahah

@Patar:
Okay, i would like to see you write a novel that is better than the inheritance series. Your words seem a bit over the top for a review.

pathetic garbage
what may be one person's garbage, may be another persons treasure.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
shinji said:
or #3 .. since it has a summary of both book 1 and 2 at the beginning. hahah

@Patar:
Okay, i would like to see you write a novel that is better than the inheritance series. Your words seem a bit over the top for a review.

what may be one person's garbage, may be another persons treasure.
I could write a better novel than the Inheritance series underwater with my eyes closed.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Riches, does not equate to a measure of having a 'better' finished product. Look at Citizen Kane!

Paolini had his parents publishing company publish the book; they got publicity through intensive marketing, not quality.

With the advent of the movie especially, the book is now starting to get critical attention - and that is where people are starting to ask HOW could this have happened?

I'm not getting into this - anyone who thinks this book is a shining example of greatly written sentences and non-ripped plot is too shallowly read to warrant my attention.

EDIT: Jay - I do not consider Paolini 'awesome' - I consider him to be a disgrace. Therefore, do not imply I wish to be a disgrace as well. Thanks.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
JFK said:
hahahaha mate if you're such a top writer then hurry up and get published, i'm really looking forward to your magnum opus.

Sure, the plot may not be original, it may not be the best literature in the world, but it does what it's set out to do; and that is to provide entertainment.

I don't think that you can argue against that. If you do, then you are an idiot.

And btw, not every book is 100% original, most books are influenced by the older classic books, others have a degree of uniqueness around them.

Jessica14

HSC
Yeah, it is your cliched fantasy type book, but a good read all the same. It's much like all of the other books I read in this genre, though it has its own way of conveying the same notion of good and evil. If you haven't read it and you love a good fantasy novel (or series) I would suggest it.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah, DEFINATELY a good read, i dont read fantasy series's, but this one is overflowing with awesomeness.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)