Burn a flag :) (1 Viewer)

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
Just wanted to know what you guys think of the new "burn a flag" kits that will be selling during O-week. I hope people buy it to support freedom of speech. Remeber, this is soley to show that you support freedom of speech, and doesn't suggest that you hate your country lol.

coolkoombaya

HSC
its a bargain at 5 bucks, i fink thats wat they sell them at. i dun lyk burning australia's flag, but putting things on fire is fun. its freedom of speech i guess, to burn flags and stuff, but i dont really support burning of my own country's flag. but maybe i will when im in uni, ah

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
garbagedump said:
Just wanted to know what you guys think of the new "burn a flag" kits that will be selling during O-week. I hope people buy it to support freedom of speech. Remeber, this is soley to show that you support freedom of speech, and doesn't suggest that you hate your country lol.
Burning the flag shows that you oppose the ideals of freedom of speech that it represents.

How ironic.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
"lets fire bomb embassies, to show freedom of speech"

i think that's going a little too far..
"Burning the flag shows that you oppose the ideals of freedom of speech that it represents."

no...burning the flag is just an act taht opposes those who wish to ban it and thus limit our freedom, and in essence our freedom of speech..

Last edited:

malkin86

HSC
withoutaface said:
Burning the flag shows that you oppose the ideals of freedom of speech that it represents.

How ironic.
Burning the flag to ashes is also the proper, respectful, way of disposing of a flag that has been desecrated. (touching the ground, etc.) I'd have loved to give that flag that that Melbourne artist half-burned and hung (named 'Proudly Un-Australian') a decent 'funeral'. No, I haven't burned a flag as of yet, although the one at my old school also should have been burned, as it wasn't treated as it should have been.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
funnybunny said:
"lets fire bomb embassies, to show freedom of speech"

i think that's going a little too far..
"Burning the flag shows that you oppose the ideals of freedom of speech that it represents."

no...burning the flag is just an act taht opposes those who wish to ban it and thus limit our freedom, and in essence our freedom of speech..
I'm utterly opposed to banning flag burning, but I'd never even consider burning the flag.

EDIT: Let's all have sex with dogs to give a big fuck you to those who want to stop us practicing beastiality!

funnybunny

HSC
well withoutaface/not-that-bright, flag burning is an exercise of freedom of speech, just as the publishing of muhammad comics in newspapers....if ur not against that, then why are you against flag burning?...after all it's an expression of the freedom of speech
and not-that-bright..u idiot...u'll still be burning the flag..LOL lmfao

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm not against flag burning, i'm against flag burning kits.. I think it's stupid is all, but of course it's a gag that you're taking way too seriously - AGAIN, what the hell do you do for fun?

Jason Bourne

HSC
N/A
What the fuck does a flag burning kit achieve? Let's just incite more violence shall we and cloud it over with a farce of a pretext such as 'omgz0r dis promotes freedum of shpeech!'? I hope someone burns down your stall instead.

funnybunny

HSC
way 2 seriously?.....i wouldnt think posting on a forum is that serious...i was merely using an analogy as withoutaface was.
i think ur 9000+ posts shows that maybe u should be asking urself the question, not-that-bright
for fun...how about i burn flags? lol

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i think ur 9000+ posts shows that maybe u should be asking urself the question, not-that-bright
I have fun chatting on the net.

for fun...how about i burn flags? lol
Ok then i'll use your burning flag to set my koran on fire, and we can both hold hands, sing kumbayar and celebrate what retards we are.

funnybunny

HSC
"What the fuck does a flag burning kit achieve? Let's just incite more violence shall we and cloud it over with a farce of a pretext such as 'omgz0r dis promotes freedum of shpeech!'? I hope someone burns down your stall instead."

EXACTLY my point with the analogy to the cartoons.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Thinking back to the time Salima sais "quran can deflect bullets" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that was a classic example of stupidity.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
funnybunny said:
"What the fuck does a flag burning kit achieve? Let's just incite more violence shall we and cloud it over with a farce of a pretext such as 'omgz0r dis promotes freedum of shpeech!'? I hope someone burns down your stall instead."

EXACTLY my point with the analogy to the cartoons.
No one here is saying the kit shouldn't be made out of disrespect, we're just saying it's stupid - you can say the newspaper thing was stupid too if you want just don't challenge their right to publish it.

Thinking back to the time Salima sais "quran can deflect bullets"
lets shoot it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)