• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Burn a flag :) (1 Viewer)

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Whether you like the Australian flag or not it is wrong to burn it because people died for it.

I can't understand people equating cartoons of Mohammed as the same as burning flags. Especially when the when every other society tolerates the mocking of its own religious leaders.

Maybe if some person had burnt an effigy of Mohammed, then perhaps it would be understandable. But if the islamic world wants to talk about tolerence they need to be tolerent of western societies great respect for freedom of speech.

Equtating a cartoon about Mohammed, which could have been 400% more offensive, with buring flags is very rich indeed.

Last edited:

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
"I can't understand people equating cartoons of Mohammed as the same as burning flags."

of course it's valid comparin the two....both are representation of freedom of expression..
"Especially when the when every other society tolerates the mocking of its own religious leaders. "
a lot of countries around the world tolerate burning of flags...y shouldnt ours ?

and not-that-bright...i used an example from islam to backup my views...u used one to offend the religon not 2 bak ur views

"Whether you like the Australian flag or not it is wrong to burn it because people died for it. "

and u dont think ppl died for islam?

Last edited:

funnybunny

HSC
i was responding 2 his comment : "Whether you like the Australian flag or not it is wrong to burn it because people died for it. "

he seems to think that just cause ppl died for it then u shouldnt burn it.... it's kinda contradicts in a way... he's saying taht ppl died for australia to hav it's freedom, whilst he's also saying that we should restrict this freedom becasue ppl died for it...

"Yea but what happened was muhammed was parodied in a newspaper - they didn't burn a koran."

same principle though? both arent' illegal and both are expressions of freedom

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I like the fact that they have to include instructions with the kit cause the flag burners are too stupid to figure it out on their own.

K

katie_tully

Stupidest idea I've ever heard of. If you oppose our current government, you should do what everybody else does.

Write an angry e blog.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
We're trying to secure a fire extinguisher for o week, because it's inevitable that some douchebag's gonna try to set our stall on fire.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
While nationalism and patriotism are the root of all evil, selling flag-burning kits to yuppie, middle-class, over-mothered nerdlingers seems kinda disingenuous.

Hell, why don't we sell "Extinguish a burning flag" kits at the same time.
It sure would be the free-market, neo-liberal thing to do. Where there's demand..

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
funnybunny said:
i think including instructions is a mere formality...after all instructions come with everything we buy
When was the last time you bought scissors with instructions?
Matches?
How bout a t-shirt?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Imagine there's no instructions, it's easy if you try.
Nothing to burn or whine for, no indignation too.
Imagine all the people, being intelligent.
Ah-ah ahhh.
and ur a cow....:bomb:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Schroedinger said:
But where does one obtain instructions from, it's a mighty worrisome business.
u dont need to do anything, bible in one hand and candle in another. and just stand outside.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
u dont need to do anything, bible in one hand and candle in another. and just stand outside.
i have a better idea. lets play suicide terrorists.

get the biggest firework you can by illegally, put it in your mouth, but before you do that, put alot of 5 cent coins in there too, then light the fuse, and boom, watch the fun explode.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i have a better idea. lets play suicide terrorists.

get the biggest firework you can by illegally, put it in your mouth, but before you do that, put alot of 5 cent coins in there too, then light the fuse, and boom, watch the fun explode.
?........
biggest firework?
in your mouth? - in ur ass man

funnybunny

HSC
"How bout a t-shirt?"

idiot...how about "dry clean only"?

i wouldnt talk about bible burning..

and sasha, .."let's play suicide terrorists"
idiot....where exactly does the terrorism come in this?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)