• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

buses? (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i got one.

you go to the student centre.. SES. ask them. you fill out a form and they stamp it.

some private bus companies need a photo of you to stick on your card.

and "dazed", your not the only one having to put up with the fucked up bus drivers. i don't see what the big deal is with having to get another concession if cityrail/state transit have provided us with one.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
as i found out the other day when the driver was a fuck to me...

i dont see the big deal! if we have a uni card which has state transit concession sticker on it (which is all we had at high school) then that proves we are entitled to concession so whats the fucken difference....

so where do we get one of these forms? and how long should it take before we get the card or whatever it is
ditto, ditto, ditto. otherwise i would have never known.
Originally posted by Toby
I would llike to know too :) Might apply for one of those forms on enrolment day. Do we go to the lincoln building to ask for the concession form for private buses?
i think we go to lincoln, but go here:
http://www.student.mq.edu.au/ses/General Info.html
fifth one down

and it says to contact the bus company directly. so i will do that tomorrow.

if not, i will go on orientation

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yes you go to the SES to get a travel concession application. fill it out on the spot and then go get it stamped. then you send it off to your bus company. some companies need a photo to stick on your concession!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ah damnit, i wish they would tell us these things.

Toby

hmm..
forgive my ignorance...
but where is the SES??
I'm looking at the map and can't find it

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lincoln building. across from the SAM buildings. there is like a square area, and you can see the SAM buildings - the newsagent, co op book shop, it's there. near the atrium. near the food place.

warning - there is a big building called lincoln. it's not there, it;s a small building.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
anyone else catch the 545 and 550 ???

cos talk to the asian with the ipod and thats me :D

muli

Hey where do we go if we wanna apply for weekly/yearly bus passes? I'm getting kinda sick of getting on the bus and paying my $1.30 every time I hop on, but after growing up on a train since yr3, buses are still a mystery to me :s

Plus what would be the most relevant pass to me if I'm at uni 3 days a week?

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
don't they have this thing called fare saver? that is like one of those prepaid cards..don't you put money on it whenever its low on credit.

i think anyway

Edit: i rang them up and they said that the manufacturers stopped making them.

Last edited:

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
how long does it usually take? can we still use that blue piece of cardboard we got from school like last year till they give you the concession card?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
and "dazed", your not the only one having to put up with the fucked up bus drivers. i don't see what the big deal is with having to get another concession if cityrail/state transit have provided us with one.
well its kind of the fact that we were never informed so for a few im going to be having to pay adult fare even though i am clearly entitled for a concession...

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by explorer
if i get a weekly train ticket,can i use it when i am going to catch buses to the uni?
you gotta get a different type of weekly ticket so you can use them on the state transit buses as well as on the train. they are called travel passes. http://www.cityrail.info/fares/fare_3.jsp

Originally posted by AsyLum
anyone else catch the 545 and 550 ???
cos talk to the asian with the ipod and thats me :D
you go all the way to parra?

Originally posted by muli
Hey where do we go if we wanna apply for weekly/yearly bus passes? I'm getting kinda sick of getting on the bus and paying my $1.30 every time I hop on, but after growing up on a train since yr3, buses are still a mystery to me :s

Plus what would be the most relevant pass to me if I'm at uni 3 days a week?
go to this site to find out how you go about getting a yearly pass. for the bus and train. if your only going to uni 3 days a week i think it woul dbe cheaper to pay each time. http://www.cityrail.info/fares/fare_3.jsp

also check out this site for fare info:
http://www.sta.nsw.gov.au/sb2003prices.html
(i'm assuming your catching a state transit bus??)

Originally posted by choco
how long does it usually take? can we still use that blue piece of cardboard we got from school like last year till they give you the concession card?
if your looking to apply for a private bus concession, then how long it takes depends on the private bus company. you fill in the form, get it stamped by the uni, then you send it off to the bus company, then they would send you your concession.

your uni card, acts as your new consession for train and state transit buses and replaces that blue cardboard. provided that you applied for a concession at enrolment.

Toby

hmm..
Yes we can :) Until march I think until the schools issue new ones
Originally posted by explorer
if i get a weekly train ticket,can i use it when i am going to catch buses to the uni?
I was wondering this myself, as in, we see people use put their train tickets in the ticket machines on buses. Are they weekly tickets?

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
westbus website
3. Pass does not entitle the bearer to a concession fare on any trip other than to and from the nominated Uni/TAFE
WHAT THE FUCK?????????????? so does this mean we cant pay concession fare when going anywhere else? just to and from mac uni?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! so its like a school bus pass? why doesnt it work like state transit where it shows you are a concession and hence entitled to concession fare whenever you are using their transport system. This is absolute bullshit! so adult fare every other time? gahhh

edit- ohh and where does the "harris park transport" come into this... they dont have a website and im sure they arent part of westbus... the buses go from parra to epping and also pennant hills or something (these are just the ones i know im sure there are more) so yeah what concession thingy do we use with them????

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think th ecardboard only works until march. so i doubt it. i will try though.
well its kind of the fact that we were never informed so for a few im going to be having to pay adult fare even though i am clearly entitled for a concession...
and adult fare is so damn expensive. it will cost me $11 a DAY to go to and from uni.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
WHAT THE FUCK?????????????? so does this mean we cant pay concession fare when going anywhere else? just to and from mac uni?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! so its like a school bus pass? why doesnt it work like state transit where it shows you are a concession and hence entitled to concession fare whenever you are using their transport system. This is absolute bullshit! so adult fare every other time? gahhh
lol we are so doing the same things at the same time. someone told me on the day when i found out i needed a card that you can only use it to and from uni. and i did the same thing. so, if i get a job and have to catch the bus there, i will be paying adult even though i am a student!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by Toby
I was wondering this myself, as in, we see people use put their train tickets in the ticket machines on buses. Are they weekly tickets?
toby read my post above yours...

edit- ohh and where does the "harris park transport" come into this... they dont have a website and im sure they arent part of westbus... the buses go from parra to epping and also pennant hills or something (these are just the ones i know im sure there are more) so yeah what concession thingy do we use with them????
with my experience, BUSABOUT, the drivers don't care if you use your concession on the weekends. each private bus company has their own concession 'system' so you will have to apply for one with harris park transport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)