• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

buses? (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ill think about it later i got till the end of march

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
i got my form for the private bus concession thingy today BUT i dont really know how to fill it out..
it looks like you need to get a part of it signed from some uni person to verify your hours you put down that you are at uni are correct..
damn cause i was planning to put down that i have 5 days a week so that i could use my concession to go other places
yes you need a stamp from the uni

you can't go other places. it will only let you go to macquarie uni and home.

but you can still pretend you are going 5 days a week, pretend there are gaps between some of your classes, and add those days to friday

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
so do you know if the uni checks your timetable to make sure you put down your correct hours and days?
besides maybe on the days i have off i want to go in to the library to study or something :rolleyes: they cant stop me from doing that right

ohh and that form doesnt specify which bus company... so its the same pass for all private buses??? cause there are 2 that i can catch

terMIGHT

HSC
N/A
WHAT THE FUCK?????????????? so does this mean we cant pay concession fare when going anywhere else? just to and from mac uni?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! so its like a school bus pass? why doesnt it work like state transit where it shows you are a concession and hence entitled to concession fare whenever you are using their transport system. This is absolute bullshit! so adult fare every other time? gahhh

edit- ohh and where does the "harris park transport" come into this... they dont have a website and im sure they arent part of westbus... the buses go from parra to epping and also pennant hills or something (these are just the ones i know im sure there are more) so yeah what concession thingy do we use with them????
well you can use it on all cityrail trains im pretty sure. well i do, and they can f**k off if they tell me otherwise. $9 into the city return or something rediculous.

and so far i've just been using it on any bus i use... i thought concession was universal on all transport except taxi's, shuttle buses etc.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yeah city rail trains and state transit buses only...
you probably havent been getting on any private buses... those drivers are fuckwits
you'd think i'd be universal because it proves you are a student and hence entitled to a concession fare but noooooooooooo

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yeah city rail trains and state transit buses only...
you probably havent been getting on any private buses... those drivers are fuckwits
you'd think i'd be universal because it proves you are a student and hence entitled to a concession fare but noooooooooooo
yeh they are actually... i dont understand why they dont work under one system cuz i see alot of westbuses drive through the state transit routes...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
what q's do they ask for the private bus concession, cuz if anyone wants to use my details to get one for westbus cuz i wont be getting one as i live only a section away...aka 10mins walk

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
name, address, photo, times for classes, and when the uni stamps it they ask for your ID card so i doubt someone could use your details.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
you just go to the student centre and on one of the stands there they have private bus concession forms. you just fill it out, and take it up to the counter to get it stamped. they don't check your timetable or nothing, i put all bs on the hours i need.

and it depends on the bus company, with my experience with them, they will let you use your concession on a journey NOT to uni. i use mine on weekends and stuff... the drivers don't care!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
and it depends on the bus company, with my experience with them, they will let you use your concession on a journey NOT to uni. i use mine on weekends and stuff... the drivers don't care!!!
sounds good

check with your company if you need to get passport photos

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
the guy at the ses counter was a champ...
i went up to get my stamp and i was scared that they might check my timetable so i just put in my correct 3 uni days and he's like hmm you might want to lie abotu your days and put in a couple of hours on the days you have off... he said that even though it only says you can travel one hour before your classes start and 2 hours after it doesnt matter because on the pass they just put down the days so the drivers wont know anyway

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
the guy at the ses counter was a champ...
i went up to get my stamp and i was scared that they might check my timetable so i just put in my correct 3 uni days and he's like hmm you might want to lie abotu your days and put in a couple of hours on the days you have off... he said that even though it only says you can travel one hour before your classes start and 2 hours after it doesnt matter because on the pass they just put down the days so the drivers wont know anyway
LOL... sounds good.... i didn't know it was for 1 hour of travel before uni and 2 hours after .. hmmm... it takes me 2 hours to get to uni one way, so i guess i'm breaking the rules there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)