• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

buses? (1 Viewer)

boyboy

yer i see ppl just shove what looks like a train ticket in this green machine thing.... how do we get a ticket like that? is that a weekly bus ticket? where do we purchase 1?

Last edited:

Toby

hmm..
Originally posted by boyboy
yer i see ppl just shove what looks like a train ticket in this green machine thing.... how do we get a ticket like that? is that a weekly bus ticket? we do we purchase 1?
heehe, read jlh's post (page 5)
Jlh posts very quickly

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
omfg...gay ?

hopefully my drivers wont give a shit about me not travelling directly from uni :|

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i checked the site jlh posted and i require a pink travel pass, but it seems that if i get a weekly to epping and a travel ten.. its cheaper than the pink pass..

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by Orange Juice
i checked the site jlh posted and i require a pink travel pass, but it seems that if i get a weekly to epping and a travel ten.. its cheaper than the pink pass..
really? how many days of uni you got? it you only got like 3, then its probably not worth getting the travel pass!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
i just realised i need one of those things they gave us in high school that lets us travel on trains with concession where do we get them ??

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
u get ur round concession sticker on enrolment day in SAM atrium (also where you got ur ID card, diary etc). They stiick it on your id card.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
u get ur round concession sticker on enrolment day in SAM atrium (also where you got ur ID card, diary etc). They stiick it on your id card.
but thats cityrail :(

i have to catch harris park day-to-day

can't i get those concession card? or do i have to apply through harris park/

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
oh ... then why the fuck wont westbus accept it :| ... could we request to have the sticker on the piece of paper like before cos my bus drivers are idiots and wont accept it

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
oh oh
soz, dint know you catch private buses..

i cant confirm this yet, but i recall friend sayn u dun get concession on private buses

edit: my bad, you do get concession. you have to fill out a form and they send a small rectangular piece of paper to your house.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ...
but thats cityrail :(

i have to catch harris park day-to-day

can't i get those concession card? or do i have to apply through harris park/
Originally posted by AsyLum
oh ... then why the fuck wont westbus accept it :| ... could we request to have the sticker on the piece of paper like before cos my bus drivers are idiots and wont accept it
my post from page 4:
Originally posted by iambored
IF YOU CATCH PRIVATE, NOT PUBLIC (CITY) BUSES MAKE SURE YOU GET A FORM TO GET CONCESSION
go to the student centre, and they should have forms for you to fill out. then you have to send it to the bus company. i hope they are speedy with our cards!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah but that one is only if you travel to and fro directly!!

i just want the cityrail one paper like before instead of just the sticker

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
wat do u mean cityrail paper? like that piece of cardboard u showed ppl to prove u are concession?
if so, that cardboard had a round sticker on it. only that sticker mattered. thats the same sticker u get on ur id card.

sam was also giving out ones on cardboard like high school because some ppl only study for one semester.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hmm so i can dispute that with the westbus then
cos westbus use that as a form of concession :D

time to shove it up his ass next time :D

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
my friend catches westbus and he uses that concession card u apply for....the one iambored was refering to above. my friend hasnt received his in the mail yet

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hmm ok ill give it a run :D

might go into depot so i can get it quicker since i only live a few minutes from one

thanks

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
can u apply for more than one concession card?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
hmm ok ill give it a run :D

might go into depot so i can get it quicker since i only live a few minutes from one

thanks
yeah do that because...
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
my friend catches westbus and he uses that concession card u apply for....the one iambored was refering to above. my friend hasnt received his in the mail yet
i was just told it takes 3 weeks. so go to the depot if you can. it will save me about $50 to go to a depot
Originally posted by choco
can u apply for more than one concession card?
i was wondering that. i don't think you can if it's not somewhere you livce, but if you live close ot the uni and can catch any of 3 bus companies i don't see what will be stopping you.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
really? how many days of uni you got? it you only got like 3, then its probably not worth getting the travel pass!!
5 days... just that most of em are 2-3 hours and one is like 5 or 6

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i got my form for the private bus concession thingy today BUT i dont really know how to fill it out..
it looks like you need to get a part of it signed from some uni person to verify your hours you put down that you are at uni are correct..
damn cause i was planning to put down that i have 5 days a week so that i could use my concession to go other places

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)