• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bush or Kerry (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for in the upcoming US Presidential Election?

• Bush

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Kerry

Votes: 67 83.8%

• Total voters

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
superbird said:
btw if michael moore's stuff were false, couldnt bush sue him for defamation? or is there some kind of law which doesnt allow presidents to do that
It is false, i don't know about the defamation stuff... i don't think so because i think the press, documentary people are free to report whatever they want about presidents etc, they just can't say stuff about peoples personal lives... eg; he can't say bush is a rapist or something.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Argonaut said:
Well, Dubya almost has it. He only needs another ... thing ... to get the presidency.

Damn, another four years of looking over my shoulder. The world is going to be a dangerous place again with this idiot incontrol. Latham called him "The most incompetent and dangerous President in history" ... remind me to buy the Opposition Leader a beer sometime, as I couldn't have said it better myself.
haha dont put Latham in teh show since he didnt even gain control of parliament

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
omg... seriously stfu u whinging faggots, 'HEY LOLOLOLOLOL LETS WAIT TILL 100% OF THE VOTES ARE IN EVEN THO IT'S OBVIOUS WE'LL LOSE!'
'THE WORLDS GOING DOWN THE SHIT! KERRY WOULD HAVE SAVED US! WATCH FAHRENHEIT 9/11'.

I'm going to get me some american citizenship and register republican on yo asses.
Oh no! What have we done to invoke your wrath oh might conservative voter?!! Please! Don't leave us! We need you here to vote Liberaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal! /end sarcasm

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
It is false, i don't know about the defamation stuff... i don't think so because i think the press, documentary people are free to report whatever they want about presidents etc, they just can't say stuff about peoples personal lives... eg; he can't say bush is a rapist or something.
The inferences may be false, but I believe the facts are mostly genuine. Aside from freedom of expression it'd be hard to sue for defamation because Moore poses these inferences not as facts, but as questions, such as "Would it not be reasonable to suggest that Bush...", "Was Bush thinking..." etc

superbird

HSC
its weird how america didnt attack saudi arabia tho wen they have been known for harboring terrorists. money pehaps?

edit: unless this is untrue. heard this from michael moore's documentary

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
Satanists are as bad, if not worse than Christians. A gag bible study group infront of the sign, saying absolutely ridiculous tripe though, would be funny.
They probably have the whole Goth look going too

it might be an interesting juxtaposition :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yea... they're pretty weak questions tho think about it... if bush acted too fast they would of called him a warmonger crazyman..
like with the whole vaction, golf thing.. they would of said clinton was being a statesmen but bush was 'taking it easy'.

ChrisE

HSC
its a shame that george bush will win this election, it seems he and half of the voting population still hold on to archaic conservative ideology and submit to the scare tactics put up by the republican party. looks like 4 more years of an unsafe world where we have the most powerful figure in the world with a low intellect in charge of the worlds biggest economy that is failing, and with the power to invade countries enciting more hatred towards the US and its coalition.

osama bin laden doesnt hate freedom and the western world like bush says, he offered a cease fire to the EU and said if he hated freedom, he would have invaded a freer country like sweden. we need people running the worls who exercise smart diplomacy and not smart weaponry when dealing with these kinds of enemies.

michael moore is a liberal left winger, of course he will be biased against bush and fabricate the truth or magnify points of truth to show the president in a negative light. however he is a great film maker and makes alot of sense in what he says.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i don't get it, kerry would of done the exact same thing...2/3 in america support continuing the war. See, again you're saying 'excercise smart diplomacy', all of what you're saying is subjective.. it's like me saying 'Mark Latham makes a better Prime minister because we all know that we need his ideas to make this country great", the truth is... we voted, and no people disagree with you.
fabricate the truth or magnify points of truth to show the president in a negative light. however he is a great film maker and makes alot of sense in what he says.
So he lies, and 'magnifies' ie decieves people... he is a great film maker and i think his style has definately tricked alot of people. I don't think everyone who has seen it and agree's with him doesn't notice his tricks, but i think alot of them don't.

The main things i don't like about bush is that he wasn't willing to admit his mistakes (most likely because these would be pounced upon and he would lose the election) and that he is a terrible economic manager... other than that i pretty much relate with most of his views.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
The main things i don't like about bush is that he wasn't willing to admit his mistakes (most likely because these would be pounced upon and he would lose the election) and that he is a terrible economic manager... other than that i pretty much relate with most of his views.
which views are those?

Rorix

HSC
Addressing common misconceptions

* Kerry ran a scare campaign
* The 2000 election was perfectly legal, and the Supreme Court upheld the Constitution
* Almost all objections to the 2000 election were addressed in the Helping America Vote act (2002)
* The Democrats have been busy in the courts this election, trying to prevent varities of anti-fraud measures such as the requirement to present ID when voting. Thankfully, not a single court in the country agreed.
* Osama is not the sort of man who can be trusted for a 'cease-fire' :rolleyes:
* trapped in a dot fantasy send help

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
* Kerry ran a scare campaign
wasn't it cheney who said that if you voted kerry then america would be attacked by terrorists again

if kerry ran a scare campaign it was by highlighting issues

bush ran a scare campaign by saying he was the one on God's side and kerry wasn't, and scaring people into thinking if they don't vote for him america was going to be invaded by a coalition of arab states

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)