I dunno how to timetable rofls...

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
I'm in the Business/IT course :)
Same subjects as you guys maybe?

imoO

HSC
I don't know what subjects I'm doing at the moment - anybody know what's good for an aspiring stockbroker?

sickk

HSC
im in business! if your doing pure business everyone does the same core in 1st year, dunno abotu double degress

imoO

HSC
im in business! if your doing pure business everyone does the same core in 1st year, dunno abotu double degress
I was just talking to my friend and he said they make the timetables for you so msot of the time they are pretty messed up...do you know if this is true?

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
I was just talking to my friend and he said they make the timetables for you so msot of the time they are pretty messed up...do you know if this is true?
Oh damn, I thought we were allowed to make our own timetables =/

sickk

HSC
i went to enrollment day today and they let you make you own timtables, they give you this book though with a recomended study plan so you dont have clashes and problems with pre reqs down the track, but you get to pick your times for tutes and lectures, its pretty straight forward

first year recomended study plans are all the same, cause there all core units, but you can pick which semester you want to do each unit and the times you want lectures and tutorials

imoO

HSC
i went to enrollment day today and they let you make you own timtables, they give you this book though with a recomended study plan so you dont have clashes and problems with pre reqs down the track, but you get to pick your times for tutes and lectures, its pretty straight forward

first year recomended study plans are all the same, cause there all core units, but you can pick which semester you want to do each unit and the times you want lectures and tutorials
cheers,

this cleared up alot for me.

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC

Oh I see, thank god I can choose.
My enrolment is on the 29th, is it likely that alot of the classes would be taken/filled by then? =/

Also what's the deal with dual degrees?
Can I enrol say 4 IT subjects in one semester rather then 2 of each Bus/IT?

sickk

HSC
wouldnt know about double degrees, your course structure will probably be different.

no the course places wont be filled up there has to be enough for all the students the accept, but you may not get your PREFERED timetable, its first come first served. having said that, i was in the first group to enroll and i was hoping to get a 3 day weekend lol, so far i havnt found anyone that could do a 3 day weekend, but i have managed to keep tuesday off for the whole year lol.

wish it was monday though...

5233andy

HSC
There was an enrolment session, today (21st)??? Mine's on the 27th, which was the first option available...

0hNivlek

HSC
w00t i'm doing Business with law!

My first lecture ever is going to be Economics for Business lol.

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
Stop taking the subject times I want D:
If I get a 5 day week... :(

5233andy

HSC
Purchasing Textbooks - Since you're able to look up the allocated texts for your subjects via the Co-Op site, would it be advisable to purchase them?

Some subjects, like 21129 Managing People and Organisations, involves three texts... My main concern is that if you wait until your first lecture for details on textbooks, there'd be an extensive waiting period before you'd even be able to enter the store. Online purchases would also require a set amount of time before your order arrives.

sickk

HSC
not long, about 30 minutes if your pedantic and double chekc and re check and double check again, otherwise could do it in 20..

the line up is the worst, they check IDs and look for names down a rather extensive list
but they give you lollies while you wait so thats good

Black Hawker

HSC
Guess I'm part of this group. Second year at UTS, but will be doing Business with you guys. :p

Doing a double degree of Engineering and Business. Did Engineering whole of last year, and will be doing my first Business subjects this semester.

HSC
for me the first enrollment day available was with the postgraduate students :confused: or latecomers in march. screw that, i'm enrolling remotely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)