Business Studies essay case study question? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Question about section IV, questions 27 and 28, the essay. Should there be a limit on the number of case studies supplementing a response? ie should I only use two case studies per response, or as many cs examples that fit the syllabus section? i've seen some sample responses and they generally only use one or two case studies in an essay... should I be doing this?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You'll find you'll do better with one in most cases. Plus it's less you have to learn about.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
You can use 1-2 or mains but my teacher recommends using alot of small ones to support some points here and then...

Such as for ecoological sustainability> you can mention multiple businesses like woolies, coca cola and etc for this point cause it's pretty generic.

HSC
You can use 1-2 or mains but my teacher recommends using alot of small ones to support some points here and then...

Such as for ecoological sustainability> you can mention multiple businesses like woolies, coca cola and etc for this point cause it's pretty generic.
That's what my question was actually getting at. Like atm I use Oroton and Qantas as my main ones, but I can use other case studies to support points here and there e.g. E.g. Simsmetal Limited a metal recycling company, is in a joint venture w Birmingham Steel to operate the largest scrap processing operation in Canada yeah?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
That's what my question was actually getting at. Like atm I use Oroton and Qantas as my main ones, but I can use other case studies to support points here and there e.g. E.g. Simsmetal Limited a metal recycling company, is in a joint venture w Birmingham Steel to operate the largest scrap processing operation in Canada yeah?
You can. As long as it flows properly.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes the markers actually like this btw. I did this for a couple of reports and my teacher said it was a good idea as it shows you have a broad knowledge on the business content and you know how it applies to the business world.

I use samsung, bhp billition and whatever business i know,i integrate it here and then in supplementary points..

But my main are those two which i know articulately^^

youmadbra

HSC
N/A
Also, Making up case studies is acceptable, Aslong as it addresses the syllabus dot points i.e have a degree of relevance to the topics. I made up a tyre company for my main case study for trials and managed to get 20/20. They pretty much assess on how you base your case study on the syllabus points, not so much the business itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)