CA achiever program (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
peanutbolt said:
what did the people last year get to do when they started working? do they choose what division you go into? many christmas parties and boozefests? and how did you manage to wear a suit in peak hour, jam packed trains and 30 degree heat?
Not sure on the answers regarding CA Achiever but...

It's bloody hot! If you get a breathable suit, it's not too bad. At least after the first day, you can probably relax a little if it's really hot (eg. undo top button/no tie, no need to wear jacket indoors, etc...).

If what you guys is doing is basically working with vaccies, there are plenty of boozefests from what I've heard from past vaccies. Not sure if you'll be attending Christmas parties- probably depends on which firm and when you start work. Remember Christmas parties tend to be quite a few weeks in advance of Christmas.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
seremify007 said:
(eg. undo top button/no tie, no need to wear jacket indoors, etc...)
hey jeff, tell you a secret :p

I've NEVER had my top button done up.

and no.. u dont need to wear the suit jacket all the time, i didnt even bring one to the interview lol, it just becomes a hassel to look after..:wave:

peanutbolt

~Cold
HSC
hmm... true, i hope i dont feel like a dork with all the vacationers and their ub3r l33t accounting know-how.

and i think my 8 weeks will start after christmas, thats when the vacationers start.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Eagles said:
hey jeff, tell you a secret :p

I've NEVER had my top button done up.

and no.. u dont need to wear the suit jacket all the time, i didnt even bring one to the interview lol, it just becomes a hassel to look after..:wave:
LOL what about when you're meeting clients for the first time? Since it's summer, I only wear the jacket to/from work and when going out, but inside the audit room it's no-tie (top button) and definitely no jacket.

peanutbolt said:
hmm... true, i hope i dont feel like a dork with all the vacationers and their ub3r l33t accounting know-how.

and i think my 8 weeks will start after christmas, thats when the vacationers start.
If you're coming in with Vaccies, don't worry, we don't expect you to know that much about accounting! Everything you need to know we'll teach you on the job :) If it's any consolation, it's like that with grads as well- both undergrads and grads do the exact same audit training (together) upon joining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)