CA achiever program (1 Viewer)

M@C D@DDY

HSC
man i got the call from the guy in kpmg today.. only doing 2 weeks man... probably buy coffee for people there

M@C D@DDY

HSC
they guy didn't tell me... i assume that the program doesn't run for long in relation to first yr students because we lack the technical knowledge... But hopefully if i do well then they will hire me on a part-time basis since CA has already spent so much time recruiting... Oh wellz still 2 weeks in a big 4 and i am only just 18... i am happy with that.... do u know me???

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh work experience in big4 is still really good to have on your resume and if you're really smooth you will have the upper hand if you ever apply for a job there later on! Are people allowed to do CA Achiever more than once at the same firm I wonder?

*shrugs*
Btw to noneother- is your avatar the guy from Office Space? It looks a bit like the Michael Bolton guy when he smashes the photocopier/printer...

kow_dude

HSC
Did anyone apply for the 2005 CPA work experience program?

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
seremify007 said:
*shrugs*
Btw to noneother- is your avatar the guy from Office Space? It looks a bit like the Michael Bolton guy when he smashes the photocopier/printer...
spot on!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think a Trailer really constitutes much in terms of extras... but then I did only pay $12 for it from memory (there's some shop in the City which sells really cheap CDs/DVDs legit)...

Btw I can't believe you have to pay for work exp! but I guess it'll help you get job later on.

Smorter

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kow_dude
Did anyone apply for the 2005 CPA work experience program?

CPA= you pay for work experience.. 50 bucks right?
Yup, $50 application fee for CPA

Last year, for my placements:

CA Achiever they gave $24 an hour (before tax and super) (at big 4) and asked you to come back as a vacationer.

The CPA Passport Program employer I was at also offered some more work if I wasn't busy during vacations though it was a less formal offer than the Big 4 offer.

They gave $400 (after tax) more as a gift than a wage, though I think this varies between employers.

Both were worthwhile programs and the CA one tended to get you about $900 a week which was useful...though it was taxed to less than 700 :( lol.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
So would some of the people who got to the interview stage like to share their experience? What did they get you to do? Were the people who ran it warm and friendly or did you feel like they were breathing down your necks?

Any tips for what to expect would be very nice :)

[edit] i am assuming it is like an interview where they just get us to do stuff. and that there will be no specific questions asked to me about 'my past' and stuff by a panel or anything, like a behavioural interview.. am i right? i think i picked up this assumption when it said at the bottom of the message "There is no need to bring anything with you, just be prepared to have a bit of fun and put your personality on show!" if they ask me questions i am going to be so pissed off

Last edited:

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
@Mlzn Pleasure

According to BRW Top 100 Accounting Firms (2005-06) BDO is the 7th Biggest Firm, the fifth is WHK Group.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
AppleXY said:
@Mlzn Pleasure

According to BRW Top 100 Accounting Firms (2005-06) BDO is the 7th Biggest Firm, the fifth is WHK Group.
WHK doesn't count as a firm, and last time I checked, his sig was based on the worldwide rankings by BRW last year.

olechel

HSC
first of all congrats on all people who got in to the CA Achiever program...and also to the people that got interviewed..(remember...thousands of people applied and to be accepted for an interview means ur in the top bunch of your grade)

i was accepted in the CA achiever program in 2004...i gotta say, it really does open alotta doors for u...especially if ur in a Big4 company...saying that, i was accepted into a smaller company prob round 40accountants total so it meant i got to dip my fingers in everything and started working their part-time while stil at uni...

u'll all notice in a couple yrs wen u start to apply for graduate positions that ppl who were accepted in the CA achiever program are highly looked upon...not only because u were chosen out of thousands of ppl but because u have experiance in the industry...from there it wont be hard to gain graduate offers...i had to choose from KPMG EY and Deloitte and eventually chose kpmg tax division which was paying the most :)

anyways if any1 has any q's ill gladly answer them
and congrats again

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
olechel said:
i was accepted in the CA achiever program in 2004...i gotta say, it really does open alotta doors for u...especially if ur in a Big4 company...saying that, i was accepted into a smaller company prob round 40accountants total so it meant i got to dip my fingers in everything and started working their part-time while stil at uni...
Yep congrats to everyone who made it to interview!

On a sidenote... don't say that quote in the IB vs. Accounting thread :) Probably get quoted, misquoted and then abused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)