• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cadetships 2008/09 (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Re: Cadetships 2007

ahahahah...thanks for trying but that just makes me feel like the three i did apply for aint gnna take me either.

but i'm sorry to hear that :( show them up - get the co-op instead ;)

gd luck =]

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

Do they email you to say if your rejected or do they just not get back to you?

La Divina

maxin' and relaxin'
HSC

cazzy160344 said:
Hahaha well if you are who I think you are then yep.
Haha! your being so cryptic :p Ill just ask you tomorrow at school. Did you apply for BAcc?

aricho

HSC
N/A

any1 got interview offers besides BAcc?

miss-smexy

HSC

cazzy160344 said:
lol okies cool thanks! Ahh yeh I know there are two stages, hope it's all good:). Thanks again. Did they say when they were going to let you know if you had an offer or not? I read on the blue sheet we got from the ICAA Cadetship Evening that offers will be forwaded to the successful candidates by this Friday.
Yes, they will call up tomorrow afternoon to tell me if i have an offer. I was told something 'off the record' - so yeah =)

JoshA

Banned
HSC

Is anyone else here in Melbourne applying or has applied for the Cadetships/Traineeships?

I've just received a phone call from Deloitte regarding a group activity session, hopefully I can get past there =) Anyone else going for this? Maybe we can work together to get our positions!

=D

ctkid

HSC

well i got a no from bacc and for moore stepehens i sent in my application because i thought the closing date was 20th, so it got to their office on the 20th. but turns out i find out here that applications M.S close on 15th and by the time they received my application de'v already interviewed prospective candidates. so technically i havnt received a no tet but im sure if you guys all find out tomoro if u were succesful for second stage, i ave no hope because i havnt even been through first stage

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC

La Divina said:
Do they email you to say if your rejected or do they just not get back to you?
some firms get back to you saying whether if you are unsuccessful to make it in the first round, however if they don't get back to you within 2 weeks,
i would just say just call up at least, but the chances are really slim that you are successfull. some firms just don't get back to you either because they couldn't be bothered telling so many people that you didn't make it :S

miss-smexy

HSC

ctkid said:
well i got a no from bacc and for moore stepehens i sent in my application because i thought the closing date was 20th, so it got to their office on the 20th. but turns out i find out here that applications M.S close on 15th and by the time they received my application de'v already interviewed prospective candidates. so technically i havnt received a no tet but im sure if you guys all find out tomoro if u were succesful for second stage, i ave no hope because i havnt even been through first stage
MS at parramatta closed on the 20th whereas in Sydney it closed on the 15th. I went to the info nights and they said dif things for each branch.

hunni.xx

HSC

ugggggghhhh sux about moore stephens :S i got an interview for nexia court & co haha! ne1 else?? n pwc made interview offers 2daii not dat i got onee

aricho

HSC
N/A

did any1 get pwc? how do u know about pwc?

cazzy160344

HSC

La Divina said:
Haha! your being so cryptic :p Ill just ask you tomorrow at school. Did you apply for BAcc?
LOL am I? Haha noo I just don't want to get it wrong lol and I'm not going to be here tomorrow but I'll talk to you on Monday. Yep I applied but I'm not really interested in it, I just did it because I was applying for everything else so I thought what the hell! Good thing I wasn't into it too cos I didn't even get an interview haha, how about you?

dashkenny

HSC

Hey JoshA

I'm also from Melbourne, I got that group interview thingo for Deloitte's too ^^

Lets work together no problem. :)

On a seperate note, anyone from Melbourne or Sydney hear from KPMG or EY?

-pari-

HSC
N/A

applications just closed on the 20th, so give it some time...should hear in the next 2 weeks or so

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC

-pari- said:
applications just closed on the 20th, so give it some time...should hear in the next 2 weeks or so
Give EY Sydney less than a week. There is an info night next Wednesday for those who get interviews.

ctkid

HSC

hunni.xx said:
ugggggghhhh sux about moore stephens :S i got an interview for nexia court & co haha! ne1 else?? n pwc made interview offers 2daii not dat i got onee
PWC MADE OFFERS???? ARE YOU SERIOUS? ANYONE ELSE GET ONE?
thats a bit dissapointing because that means i got nothing!
AND SAME WITH NEXIA...did they already send interview offers?!!!!?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC

PWC make their offers over the period of a week or so.. At least last year they did. Conquest for the day = A few offers made only regarding people who went that day

I think nexia discriminate against certain backgrounds - from all the people who applied last year from my school, many of whom were good enough to get multiple interviews from other companies, none were contacted by nexia. Something very fishy.

Edit:

Oh silly me... I forgot that we were talking about the application stage..

Even at this stage I still remember it being done over a few days.

Congrats to those who have gotten interviews.

Last edited:

T_M_K

HSC

YAY!! got an interview with pwc

ctkid

HSC

PWC INTERVIEW....YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
lets get 2 know ech so we can help each other out at the group interview and activities if we'r together :p hahahahha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)