Calling all high achievers. (1 Viewer)

epicFAILx

HSC
English: I've been told that memorising essays is a good way to go about this subject. I didn't try it myself (not for internals), but a LOT of people in my year did, and we seem to have done all right in English this year (118 Band 6s). So try memorising an essay and adapting it to different questions each week.
How does that work?? I've heard of many people memorising or adapting... but the question always changes? SO how can you memorise, what if you got an ENTIRELY different question?
Also.. what do you mean by adapting.. me confuzzled. Do you mean use the same quotes, same texts and/or argument?

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Physics requires thinking.. its math based T-T

I am assuming you did well at maths?
I did alright at Maths. HSC Marks are in my sig.

Physics is barely maths based lol, too much nonmaths in it :(
yea got all this bullshit essay crap worth 5marks+
Yeah assess the impact of this technology...
This. HSC Physics is uninteresting and unchallenging.

How does that work?? I've heard of many people memorising or adapting... but the question always changes? SO how can you memorise, what if you got an ENTIRELY different question?
Also.. what do you mean by adapting.. me confuzzled. Do you mean use the same quotes, same texts and/or argument?
Questions do change each year, but they're always fairly generic. Just change your topic sentences for each paragraph to address the question and refer to the keywords of the question every now and then.

HSC
Uni Grad
Questions do change each year, but they're always fairly generic. Just change your topic sentences for each paragraph to address the question and refer to the keywords of the question every now and then.
Should be also relating to the question every now and then, not just at the ends of the paragraph. Then it will actually look like it's not memorized and you would be meeting the criteria anyway. A good idea is to relate to the question inside the paragraph.

smartalec

HSC
Should be also relating to the question every now and then, not just at the ends of the paragraph. Then it will actually look like it's not memorized and you would be meeting the criteria anyway. A good idea is to relate to the question inside the paragraph.

don't study until a week before. then cramcramcramcram.

benji_10

HSC
Concentrate on your english. Your teachers have already all told you how it is the only compulsory 2 units that you have to do out of the 10 that you will do. And getting a good english mark for both internals and hsc is one sure way to getting a decent atar, athough i have no idea what decent is in your books.

enoilgam

HSC
What would you define as 'effective study'
This morning i spent two hours writing an essay..?

i reckon 'effective' is getting it done.

But then idk T-T
Effective study is study that works. If you spend a couple hours reading over your textbook and you dont gain much from it, then it isnt effective study. Or if you spend an hour doing homework which isnt really helping you get the work, then that is also ineffective study.

epicFAILx

HSC
:) thats very helpful! Kudos!

+they say you MUST know atleast 2unit math to do physics.. so i suppose its sort of mathsy. Except for some BS questions about galvanometers and such.. -__-

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
:) thats very helpful! Kudos!

+they say you MUST know atleast 2unit math to do physics.. so i suppose its sort of mathsy. Except for some BS questions about galvanometers and such.. -__-
In my opinion it can be done with general maths. Galvanometer questions need simple maths too.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Meditation always helps me before my half yearly and yearly exams. Try not to get too stressed by looking at the people surrounding you who are making a major deal out of the exams. Yes, the exams are important, but I'm sure you'll all realise there's more to life then an ATAR and HSC right after you finish all your exams. This concept of life after HSC is frequently discussed about with my tutors at school and in the classroom. So long as you put the effort, there's no reason you shouldn't get below 90.

zb123

HSC
Okay, heres the deal, in order to get anywhere in life, or to achieve what you want, you need to study 25 hours a day. Now I know that seems alot, but it gives you enough time for other things. Along with 25 hours you need da flied lice, and you must listen to Kpop. Hope all goes well and you achieve 90.

hpatdh

HSC
Agreed with the indian above ^^^
SPIRALFLEXXXXXXX YOU FUCKING CUNNTTTTTT, YOU'RE NOT SKUXX

zb123

HSC
OI no swearing, relax your head, and Indians are hot. Dont be mean to iralspays

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
Agreed with the indian above ^^^
SPIRALFLEXXXXXXX YOU FUCKING CUNNTTTTTT, YOU'RE NOT SKUXX
calm down.The thread says "calling all high achievers" from what you've just said you're obviously not one so GTFO or calm down. :awesome:

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
I just printed of past papers and did them. For maths excel books are really good, just highlight the notes and do the questions. If you need more questions look through past papers for questions of a certain type and do them. One thing I did was not touch the latest HSC paper(2010 at the time) until the very end of the year(i.e. 2 days before the exam) to see if I had any gaps in knowledge and to pretty much see if I was ready.

Hope I helped :D

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
No study except 2 weeks before exams.

Just did homework when necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)