Calling all high achievers. (1 Viewer)

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
You got into Med. ? Was the interview/umat difficult? Medicine is what I want to do.
No offence intended,but youre going to need much higher than the your ATAR aim of 94 on your signature, 99 or there about to have a realistic chance.

HSC
No offence intended,but youre going to need much higher than the your ATAR aim of 94 on your signature, 99 or there about to have a realistic chance.
I'm not looking to get into Medicine straight away as I have explained on other boards. The guidelines for Medicine on the UNSW website clearly say that you can enter Medicine with an ATAR minimum of 92, however the lower your ATAR the higher your UMAT must be and it works vice versa. Anyways, cheers mate for the help on the past papers stuff, leaving the most recent one out sounds good.

viva_la_albert

HSC
Didn't study till exams. Crammed like crazy for like half an hour before an exam. ATAR of 92.5
Gotta love the ACT system.

Dylanamali

HSC
I'm not looking to get into Medicine straight away as I have explained on other boards. The guidelines for Medicine on the UNSW website clearly say that you can enter Medicine with an ATAR minimum of 92, however the lower your ATAR the higher your UMAT must be and it works vice versa. Anyways, cheers mate for the help on the past papers stuff, leaving the most recent one out sounds good.
minimum for UNSW is 96 and with that you need 100 percentile UMAT..
so as mnmaa said for UNSW med 99 is needed to have a competitive chance.

But UWS and UNE are an option and the ATAR cut offs are about 93/95 depending on GWS.. but still require solid UMATs.

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
77 raw doesn't exist.. its 70 raw and that = 100th percentile.
No one who gets 96 ATAR its going to get in as it is arguably just as difficult to get a 99.95 atar as it is To get 77(or what ever ridiculous number it is) on the UMAT. Transferring to UNSW med after first year with an ATAR of 92 is going to require a perfect GPA,UMAT and than some :eek:

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't heard of enough get into Med this year with an ATAR lower than 97.85. Not saying they don't exist, I'm just saying it's rare.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
100 percentile doesn't mean that it's the highest mark. There are some people that manage ridiculous scores in UMAT such as 98 and had 96.something ATAR and get in but this is extremely rare. Expect the need of 99 ATAR but at least 97+ and decent UMAT.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
100 percentile doesn't mean that it's the highest mark. There are some people that manage ridiculous scores in UMAT such as 98 and had 96.something ATAR and get in but this is extremely rare. Expect the need of 99 ATAR but at least 97+ and decent UMAT.
Wut.

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
Another Wut.

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
You need 99 but at least 97+ wut???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)