Can I apply for illness/misadventure? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, no because you wouldn't get it. I think being sick is entirely different to that.
But according to your previous post, you implied that all that was necessary to get special consideration was that you be 'disadvantaged' (a fairly arbitrary term in itself). I was just pointing out that that's a fallacious generalisation.

breeee

HSC
But according to your previous post, you implied that all that was necessary to get special consideration was that you be 'disadvantaged' (a fairly arbitrary term in itself). I was just pointing out that that's a fallacious generalisation.
I meant that being sick enough to cause you to lose time throughout your exam is enough of a disadvantage to be able to apply for illness/misadventure. But whatever, make it as compilcated as you want it to be..obviously the best thing you have to do considering you're spending your time on a discussion of the 2011 HSC when it looks as if you've already graduated.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
An anxiety attack, yes xD
That's what I meant.
And how would I do that?
I mostly want to do it because I had one in ext 2 and I think I did really bad and I didn't come last internally, so I don't want to drag my friend down who has been working really hard all year.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
That's what I meant.
And how would I do that?
I mostly want to do it because I had one in ext 2 and I think I did really bad and I didn't come last internally, so I don't want to drag my friend down who has been working really hard all year.

Apply, there is no harm in applying.

2011_

HSC
That's what I meant.
And how would I do that?
Perhaps I'm wrong but I think you would need to have informed the exam supervisor on the day.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
That's what I meant.
And how would I do that?
Did you tell anyone either immediately before, during or immediately after the exam? Is there documented evidence of suffering panic attacks?

--

That is an old form, it is no longer accurate.
Looks pretty similar to the forms from this year http://dl.dropbox.com/u/305636/Illness:Misadventure Appeal.pdf

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Did you tell anyone either immediately before, during or immediately after the exam? Is there documented evidence of suffering panic attacks?
No but the people sitting within a 4 seat radius of me said something about how I was breathing really loud/fast and rocking in my seat looking and looking around the room.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
No but the people sitting within a 4 seat radius of me said something about how I was breathing really loud/fast and rocking in my seat looking and looking around the room.
I don't like your chances (read: zero chance)

K

khorne

Oh. :(
The supervisors could probably vouch for me. (One lady stared at me but said nothing)
toughen up broseph. I got a legit panic attack in English cuz of my illness whatever, but i sat there for 5 min and just got over it. 9 pages later, feeling like a boss broski

A-Nonentity

HSC
You can only Illness/misadventure if you aren't going to go to the exam.
As soon as you walk in there that means you have personally assessed yourself to be fit enough to do the exam.

there are extreme circumstances but chances aren't good due to lack of evidence.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
As soon as you walk in there that means you have personally assessed yourself to be fit enough to do the exam.

there are extreme circumstances but chances aren't good due to lack of evidence.
No.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

This is completely inaccurate. You can still apply for illness/misadventure if you sit the exam. In fact they recommend you do sit it if at all possible.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Not true.

Actually the BOS would prefer you to attempt the exam so that they can see whether or not the exam result might be better for you - in other words to give you the best chance.

Some years ago we had a student who would regularly throw up before entering the exam room. He sat every exam and applied for illness for every exam - signed by the supervisors, principal and doctor each time and for some exams he was granted the illness and in others he wasn't - why - because in some exams he did better then his assessment results while in others he didn't so they took him out of the process.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
toughen up broseph. I got a legit panic attack in English cuz of my illness whatever, but i sat there for 5 min and just got over it. 9 pages later, feeling like a boss broski
Yeah... I sat there for 20 minutes trying to get my breathing under control in an extension two exam where I really need all the time available...

This is completely inaccurate. You can still apply for illness/misadventure if you sit the exam. In fact they recommend you do sit it if at all possible.
Then edit it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)