Can I be ineligible for degree that I'm eligible for in the 1st round in the 2nd round? (1 Viewer)

Helpme2244

HSC
I got an atar of 88, and there's two courses I want to do. One with an atar of 92 (which I can get with adjustment points) and one with 88. I put the higher one first because i just want to see if I'm compatible for it but I don't know if I'll do it if I get it (it was a spur of the moment decision and I kind of like the career options with the degree), I like the second one a lot but it's more difficult to get a career. So if I put the 92 one as my first preference and the 88 one second for the 1st round of offers (tonight), will I still be eligible for the 88 atar course if I put it as first preference in the 2nd round?.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I got an atar of 88, and there's two courses I want to do. One with an atar of 92 (which I can get with adjustment points) and one with 88. I put the higher one first because i just want to see if I'm compatible for it but I don't know if I'll do it if I get it (it was a spur of the moment decision and I kind of like the career options with the degree), I like the second one a lot but it's more difficult to get a career. So if I put the 92 one as my first preference and the 88 one second for the 1st round of offers (tonight), will I still be eligible for the 88 atar course if I put it as first preference in the 2nd round?.
iirc you can only receive one offer and that’ll be the highest one in your list that you’re eligible for. Once you receive an offer this round you will not receive other offers in the next round unless you decline the offer that you got. Put what you want to do the most at the top.

Helpme2244

HSC
But will the degree not be offered in the 2nd round if it's full or something?

quickoats

HSC
But will the degree not be offered in the 2nd round if it's full or something?
Yes and no. Some degrees have limited seats (usually practical ones like optometry or med etc) so they may fill up. Since people hoard their offers it might be full for 2nd round but keep it in prefs for 3rd/4th/5th/late round offers as people will decline as they make a final choice.

However most degrees never “fill up” as the unis can offer as many seats as they like. Usually they fill up to the predetermined ATAR cutoff but it can slip below in 2nd round as well.

erucibon

HSC
N/A
Yes and no. Some degrees have limited seats (usually practical ones like optometry or med etc) so they may fill up. Since people hoard their offers it might be full for 2nd round but keep it in prefs for 3rd/4th/5th/late round offers as people will decline as they make a final choice.

However most degrees never “fill up” as the unis can offer as many seats as they like. Usually they fill up to the predetermined ATAR cutoff but it can slip below in 2nd round as well.
So for degrees in engineering, commerce and computer science, if I received an offer for something else for Dec Round 2, I would still be likely to receive an offer for those other degrees if I am over the ATAR cutoff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)