can i get an atar above 70? (1 Viewer)

juicypotatoes

HSC
I've been having nightmares of getting a 68 atar for three consecutive nights and now I'm actually thinking this is a sign. I got into early entry but since it's a conditional offer I need a 69 plus but preferably 70. I go to a good school usually at least top 20 but tbh I don't really think school does anything and my subjects scale really bad asw.
I do english advanced, japanese beginners, music 1, ancient history and business studies. I'm doing pretty well in japanese hopefully a high band 6 and music is pretty decent asw but ancient and business is definitely going to be pulling my atar down sm bc i legit think im going to get band 3s or 4s in those lol. Because my marks are so varied across all my subjects I don't even know roughly what I'm going to get and atar calculator is giving me like a 58 atar😭

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Might be useful to provide ur ranks/marks per subject. For a top 20 school, exams are generally more difficult so I don’t think putting in ur school marks into an atar calc is gonna be good Lol. Getting above a 70 atar in all honesty shouldn’t be all too difficult. Just do well in the HSC and it should be enough to get above 70 regardless of internals.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I've been having nightmares of getting a 68 atar for three consecutive nights and now I'm actually thinking this is a sign. I got into early entry but since it's a conditional offer I need a 69 plus but preferably 70. I go to a good school usually at least top 20 but tbh I don't really think school does anything and my subjects scale really bad asw.
I do english advanced, japanese beginners, music 1, ancient history and business studies. I'm doing pretty well in japanese hopefully a high band 6 and music is pretty decent asw but ancient and business is definitely going to be pulling my atar down sm bc i legit think im going to get band 3s or 4s in those lol. Because my marks are so varied across all my subjects I don't even know roughly what I'm going to get and atar calculator is giving me like a 58 atar😭
Don't put raw marks into the ATAR calculator - put HSC marks! Or use carrots calculator - https://boredofstudies.org/threads/...m-trial-past-paper-marks.404596/#post-7486132

year10studentpreparin

HSC
are you an idiot? u go to a top 20 school and are worried about getting below a 70 atar.
no way selective schools or private schools in sydney still havent figured out to tell their students to not put raw marks into an atar calculator or the fact that the students should already know that?
Sorry for being harsh but no idea why u are worrying about not getting a 68 atar lol
I am just trying to get you to snap out of ur worries

Last edited:

year10studentpreparin

HSC
to get a 70 atar just show up to ur classes and its good.
BTW idk why nobody told u this irl or u havent figured it out but schools all have different internals and the difficulty of them especially for private and selective schools.
Even tho u might get lower in the internals, when u do the hsc exam ur probably expected to get high and if u get high well it brings ur classes marks up.
Otherwise teachers could make ez as tests that people could easily score 90+ if the hsc wasnt a thing

year10studentpreparin

HSC
even tho ur subjects dont scale well, its easier to get higher in business then lets say chem. I remember seeing some graph comparing business studies and chemistrys raw mark and scaled mark and I can tell you doing both subjects that the mark in business studies that scaled to a 85 would be a LOT EASIER then getting the same raw mark in chemistry to get an 85

juicypotatoes

HSC
Might be useful to provide ur ranks/marks per subject. For a top 20 school, exams are generally more difficult so I don’t think putting in ur school marks into an atar calc is gonna be good Lol. Getting above a 70 atar in all honesty shouldn’t be all too difficult. Just do well in the HSC and it should be enough to get above 70 regardless of internals.
My ranks for ancient and business r horrible. I’m coming like dead last in those two💀💀

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
yes you can definitely get over 70 atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)