can i still get a uai of 95+? (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
for the half-yearlies:

mark -> ranking

SOR 2 Unit:
91% -> 1/10

Eng Ad
79% -> 2/55

Eng Ext 1
42/50 -> 3/12

Maths Ext 1
36/50 -> 2/7

Maths
82% -> 3/18

Physics
66% -> 3/10 (im getting a tutor now)

IPT
87% -> 1/10

im sooo scared :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Your ranks seem great. Could you tell me what your school is? Your school gives a good indication as well.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
lyounamu said:
Your ranks seem great. Could you tell me what your school is? Your school gives a good indication as well.
st peters catholic college, tuggerah, central coast :)

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
Your ranks are good, just keep up your current study and you should do fine.

runnable

HSC
Your school was ranked 456th last year. With a total of 23 credits. If you can find out what is the top mark and how many people got over 95 last year, that can be a good indication. I estimate about 3-5 got over 95 last year? But from now it looks like you need some more push to get over 95 for sure. You have to work on physics, maths and possibly english extension. You can't really afford to get 3rd in those subjects at your school. Improve those marks as well ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
runnable said:
Your school is ranked 456th last year. With a total of 23 credits. If you can find out what is the top mark and how many people got over 95 last year, that can be a good indication. I estimate about 3-5 got over 95 last year? But from now it looks like you need some more push to get over 95. You have to work on physics, maths and possibly english extension. You can't really afford to get 3rd in those subjects at your school. Improve those marks as well ;)
That's quite unlikely from my point of view. You have to realise that not all 23 credits are for subjects that are highly scaled. Let's say half of those credits are from low scaled subjects like Business Studies. Getting 3 credits (combination of both high-scaling subject and low-scaling subject) will probably mean UAI barely over 90. I will say about 1 or 2 people got UAI over 95 at a school like that.

runnable

HSC
lyounamu said:
That's quite unlikely from my point of view. You have to realise that not all 23 credits are for subjects that are highly scaled. Let's say half of those credits are from low scaled subjects like Business Studies. Getting 3 credits (combination of both high-scaling subject and low-scaling subject) will probably mean UAI barely over 90. I will say about 1 or 2 people got UAI over 95 at a school like that.
Haha yea i understand the credits thing and did not take that into consideration in my last post. However we do have to note that even for low scaling subjects, once you pass 90 (usually 95), scaling from HSC marks to UAI does not change that much, even compared to high scaling subjects... The problem is to get over 90 in those subjects in the first place.

I have heard recently on BOS that a school ranked well in the 600s getting over 3 people in 95s... or 94 lol... so i think its quite possible 3-5 got over 95 in this school last year. However i am inclined to think its more like 3... and low 95s....:hammer:

HSC
school rank means nothing.... it depends how much work the current year put in!!

runnable

HSC
aussiechick007 said:
school rank means nothing.... it depends how much work the current year put in!!
That is true but i'll copy and paste my response to this from another thread.

"Although the rank may change greatly, it will not change by 400 or so, if so, not many will do this at all.

Even if there is a significant change in rankings, let's not kid outselves, the actual cohort will not have improved by that much. Cuz in the lower half of top 500+, a small amount of goodness seperate many schools. So improving just a little bit might've improved the ranking, but the school is not too much better off."

School rankings is our best and only reference when asked to estimate an UAI with NOTHING but INTERNAL marks and ranks.

conics2008

HSC
dont owrry too much... and amused are you looking forward for a UAI of < 30..

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
runnable said:
Haha yea i understand the credits thing and did not take that into consideration in my last post. However we do have to note that even for low scaling subjects, once you pass 90 (usually 95), scaling from HSC marks to UAI does not change that much, even compared to high scaling subjects... The problem is to get over 90 in those subjects in the first place.

I have heard recently on BOS that a school ranked well in the 600s getting over 3 people in 95s... or 94 lol... so i think its quite possible 3-5 got over 95 in this school last year. However i am inclined to think its more like 3... and low 95s....:hammer:
im fairly sure the dux for 07 was 99.3 ish
and id say about 3 got over 95 (give or take)
ill check on mon

i dont get the whole 'credits' thing...

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Rhanoct said:
scrape a 70 if you're lucky
Ooooooh, that's mean! :)

Your UAI is dependent on us as well but you can be confident you're not gonna get anything under 90 with your current internal rankings. Actually, you can't get anything under 95!

Last edited:

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
ur school does not affect ur UAI to that extent, if ur external marks ( and internal ranks) reflect that of a 95+ student then u will recieve the 95+, i think too much emphasis is put on your schooling background, with the exception of JRAHS lol

runnable

HSC
Undermyskin said:
Ooooooh, that's mean! :)

Your UAI is dependent on us as well but you can be confident you're not gonna get anything under 90 with your current internal rankings. Actually, you can't get anything under 95!

^ Lies lol. If he stops working immediately, how can you say he can't get anything under 95 lol...

You have to really smash the externals to get your desired mark.

navneetk

HSC
hey ive neva rlli added a post buh like i have just made the biggest decision that was to drop maths(2unit) .. which i have i was gettin under 60% in my exams do u guys thik ive done the right thing i knoe its 2 late 2 pik it bck up , even though thats not possible i fink..like my other subs are
-std eng
-chem
-eco
-legal stud
-pdhpe

is there a chnce that i can get ove 95+ cause i have this whole fear of scaling nd eng stnd is gnna crap me up even though im cummin 6/103 in it ...i also havea tut 4r eng nd chem...so like help!!!how do i study with full motivation and potential to receive my desired uai mark whihc is 96.5!!

Last edited:

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
I'd guess you'd have around ~95 or perhaps a bit less.

Your 2U physics probably wouldn't count. I'm not sure what would be your final ranking of subjects, but I'm quite sure SOR is a low scaling subject.

You're doing pretty good with good scaling subjects like english 3U and math3U though =)

runnable

HSC
navneetk said:
hey ive neva rlli added a post buh like i have just made the biggest decision that was to drop maths(2unit) .. which i have i was gettin under 60% in my exams do u guys thik ive done the right thing i knoe its 2 late 2 pik it bck up , even though thats not possible i fink..like my other subs are
-std eng
-chem
-eco
-legal stud
-pdhpe

is there a chnce that i can get ove 95+ cause i have this whole fear of scaling nd eng stnd is gnna crap me up even though im cummin 6/103 in it ...i also havea tut 4r eng nd chem...so like help!!!how do i study with full motivation and potential to receive my desired uai mark whihc is 96.5!!
What ranking is your school? Is your uni course does not need maths for assumed knowledge, its fine to drop unless you want to do some bridging courses. 95 with those subjects, require at least 90 HSC mark each. Go find out your ranking in the subjects and how many people got over 90 in those subjects. Good indication.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)