Can someone please explain very carefully and not too long. (1 Viewer)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
who the fu*k needs 99.95 atar seriously c'mon get a life. I'm taking a guess what ohexpol will probably get, 98.05 maybe 97 lol and his smart
Huh? If you want to get into medicine or law you'll need around that, especially medicine.

hscishard

HSC
who the fu*k needs 99.95 atar seriously c'mon get a life. I'm taking a guess what ohexpol will probably get, 98.05 maybe 97 lol and his smart
Why did you censor fuck?

I was never OVERLY intelligent, I just planned my attack and executed it effectively. If you can break the HSC down into a multi-leveled FPS, you'll find that it's a lot easier to beat that 99.95 boss at the end!
So in one simple sentence, you're saying that you are intelligent (Reading your first few words). Lucky bastard

@ thread. All i've read from past threads was:
-Bos takes the ranks and internal marks
-they get the external marks
-they do some comparing stuff. Rank 1 gets highest external mark in the class and keeps his/her external mark. Last rank gets the lowest external mark and keeps his/her external mark. They do some mathematics for the ranks in between but they keep their external mark.
Then it's moderated internal + external and convert it to a percentage

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
A guy in 2008 from my school did all humanities (including drama, both histories and society and culture which don't 'scale well'), NO maths or science, and got 100UAI. And I read somewhere that he actually got the highest aggregate of all the 100's. So yeah, I agree with slyhunter and others, you actually can achieve 99.95 with any subject combo. Yeah you have to do really well in them, but that's obvious. It can be done.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
A guy in 2008 from my school did all humanities (including drama, both histories and society and culture which don't 'scale well'), NO maths or science, and got 100UAI. And I read somewhere that he actually got the highest aggregate of all the 100's. So yeah, I agree with slyhunter and others, you actually can achieve 99.95 with any subject combo. Yeah you have to do really well in them, but that's obvious. It can be done.
+ 100

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
USyd Medicine lol.
Yeah, I would hate to be in that course, the kids (no offense) would be the BIGGEST anti-social people imaginable. Like, they would probably be afraid of the opposite sex.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I would hate to be in that course, the kids (no offense) would be the BIGGEST anti-social people imaginable. Like, they would probably be afraid of the opposite sex.
The people I met at the combined medicine interviews were outgoing, friendly, talkative and generally awesome =]. That stereotype is a tad outdated Chromatic!

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
The people I met at the combined medicine interviews were outgoing, friendly, talkative and generally awesome =]. That stereotype is a tad outdated Chromatic!
You're so full of it, maybe be your standards seeing as though you are one of them... but I can guarantee that for the most part they are like I described.

The scholarship course I am going to have people who are EXACTLY like I described, and you only need 90 + good interview to get into my scholarship. I can only imagine what a 99.95 course would contain... S:

ptrgrgry

HSC
Nope, 99.95 only =P
That's a very niche entrance though, wouldn't call it the cut-off - more of a 'fast-track' (lol) especially considering you won't really be touching medicine until 4th year. Same kind of thing applies to law where the ultra-hgih cut-offs of 99.65, etc aren't really required to study law. Thus is how MrBrightside is spot on. Your marks are really great though iSplicer! Wow at your one billion ATAR!

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
i dont know if this helps but i know someone who got 100 UAI and did the following subjects

Eng Adv
Maths Adv
Maths Ext 1 (didnt count at all towards UAI calculation)
Biology
Legal Studies
Chemistry

The only scaling subject that she kinda did was Chemistry? She did do ext 1 but like I said it didnt count so yea. The rest have like average scaling

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
You're so full of it, maybe be your standards seeing as though you are one of them... but I can guarantee that for the most part they are like I described.

The scholarship course I am going to have people who are EXACTLY like I described, and you only need 90 + good interview to get into my scholarship. I can only imagine what a 99.95 course would contain... S:
I'd guess there would be exceptions to that stereotype.

i dont know if this helps but i know someone who got 100 UAI and did the following subjects

Eng Adv
Maths Adv
Maths Ext 1 (didnt count at all towards UAI calculation)
Biology
Legal Studies
Chemistry

The only scaling subject that she kinda did was Chemistry? She did do ext 1 but like I said it didnt count so yea. The rest have like average scaling
Actually, all of them are decent scalers and when you're talking 100 UAI, such high marks would not have been affected by scaling all that much.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
wait, so you know those marks you put in your sig, say like mathematics (95) etc, is that 95 all from the one HSC external exam?

deterministic

HSC
Note he did get state ranks in ALL his subjects and he is a certified genius in english (a hurdle for most people in attaining a really high atar) and humanities. All this tells us is that if you are a genius (like Daniel Swain), you could pull it off with most subject combos (you would not choose subjects like standard english or general maths anyway as they would bore you to death). For the average person, it would much easier to pick higher scaling subjects where you dont require state ranks in to get a high 99 atar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)