Can someone tell me how to get rid of this virus? (6 Viewers)

michaeljennings

HSC
Do you have a legit internet protection?
Before yesterday i was primarily using Mcafee but i rarely updated things or scanned my computer. I scanned my computer with it at first but since i was still having the same problem i came on here and asked for help..downloaded malwarebyte's anti malware and scanned my computer but now its even worse lol

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Before yesterday i was primarily using Mcafee but i rarely updated things or scanned my computer. I scanned my computer with it at first but since i was still having the same problem i came on here and asked for help..downloaded malwarebyte's anti malware and scanned my computerbut now its even worse lol
This is the worse. You dug a deeper grave. Its advisable to re-format the computer now.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
After that i uninstalled google chrome and restarted but now when i log in it says there is no internet connection even though my modem is on and i cant open things like itunes but windows media player still works. When i try to go to control panel it lets me open the back up and restore thingy but when i open it the window pops up but only the frame of the window which says "back up and restore" but theres nothing inside the window as if it just had major lag or something. ???????
No. Malware Bytes anti-malware should not cause that sort of problem. It's a legitimate method of malware removal. We're not trying to trying to make things worse.

Personally, I don't think you needed to reinstall the browser, because I'm pretty sure it's not a browser issue. You may just need to reconfigure your connection. Or try using another browser. As for iTunes, you may need to update or reinstall quicktime.

Your problem came from not running up to date anti virus. McAfee is a poor system, even when running properly. Install Microsoft Security Essentials, and run a scan.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
No. Malware Bytes anti-malware should not cause that sort of problem. It's a legitimate method of malware removal. We're not trying to trying to make things worse.

Personally, I don't think you needed to reinstall the browser, because I'm pretty sure it's not a browser issue. You may just need to reconfigure your connection. Or try using another browser. As for iTunes, you may need to update or reinstall quicktime.

Your problem came from not running up to date anti virus. McAfee is a poor system, even when running properly. Install Microsoft Security Essentials, and run a scan.
Wtf - when did I post that.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You didn't. If you click on the link you'll find it's just an error in the source of the quote.

michaeljennings

HSC
You may just need to reconfigure your connection. Or try using another browser. As for iTunes, you may need to update or reinstall quicktime.

See this is the problem i cant do any of that because when i try to fix the connection my computer just lags and it doesnt work. And i cant install microsoft security essentials because i cant get onto the internet. I cant back up my files either. When i put in a usb the computer doesnt even recognise it and its as if i didnt even plug it in

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
See this is the problem i cant do any of that because when i try to fix the connection my computer just lags and it doesnt work. And i cant install microsoft security essentials because i cant get onto the internet. I cant back up my files either. When i put in a usb the computer doesnt even recognise it and its as if i didnt even plug it in
What if you use a different browser, is it the same problem?

EDIT: Also, how are you online now?

It's time for a new computer, bud.
No

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I hate to bring it up, but with a Mac - YOU wouldn't acquire this problem.

michaeljennings

HSC
personally i dont understand why it says theres no internet connection when my modem is on?? Was this somehow because i uninstalled google chrome?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)