Can we eat during lectures? (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
depends on lecturer, generally no but if ur at the back and ur food doesnt stick go for it

terminator69

HSC
You can do whatever you like. Uni students are too pussy to tell you how much it annoys them. Seriously. Go to the library and start talking in the middle of the silent study area. They will probably leave the library to avoid confrontation.

HSC
As long as it's not obtrusive and doesn't create mess, it would probably be fine. I remember eating muffins and lollies in my critical theory lectures.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
my mate pulled out a boiled egg and a can of tuna, stank like shit

Generally try to stay away from smelly foods in lectures imo

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Generally speaking it is technically against the rules for most lecture theatres - but since when has that stopped a uni student?

ZaraKu

HSC
Just avoid anything smelly, snacks are ok but pulling out a subway footlong is prob not the best thing to do

sinophile

HSC
N/A
No but I don't think anyone will stop you.

nisseltaria

HSC
Yes, but don't be a dick. No-one will mind if you eat a chocolate bar or bring in a coffee, but if you bring in a Big Mac or a Durian they may be less accommodating.
Alcohol is only ok if you can stay quiet after imbibing.

Andi0390

HSC
I used to always eat in lectures when my timetable was a bit hectic. They don't mind if its quiet food (nothing crunchy). Like a muffin bar or something would be good. You don't want it to be an entire meal though.

We've had people eat all their lunch in tutes.

Lecturers are people to. They're nice.

bineal

HSC
I used to eat kebab rolls and foot longs in half my lectures.

Once I brought a foot-long to my maths tute, and ate for half an hour, got my attendence and just left.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Today in Econ, Alberto Motta talked to a guy who brought in three loaves of bread to eat. Asked him if it was good bread, I think... or something like that.

MysteryGenius

HSC
I hate eating in lectures but I kind of have to since I don't have any breaks between classes ):
people don't seem to mind though

HSC
i do it, but like people say, not noisy or too smelly food... i'd feel bad bringing in like hot food or something that makes everyone hungry... lol

and also like people have said if you don't have a lunch break on your timetable then you've gotta do what you've gotta do...

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
So coffee, juice/shakes are ok?

MysteryGenius

HSC
You can do whatever you like. Uni students are too pussy to tell you how much it annoys them. Seriously. Go to the library and start talking in the middle of the silent study area. They will probably leave the library to avoid confrontation.
haha this is so true
the worst they'll do is clear their throat and/ or glare at you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)