Can you get above 90 with these subjects? (1 Viewer)

noriel

HSC
The teachers say to choose the subjects you like so that's what I did.I was wondering if you could get an atar above 90 with these subjects: CAFS, Gen Maths, Adv English, Industrial Technology(multimedia), Visual Arts and Senior Science?
I've also heard that scaling counts according to some students.

enoilgam

HSC
The teachers say to choose the subjects you like so that's what I did.I was wondering if you could get an atar above 90 with these subjects: CAFS, Gen Maths, Adv English, Industrial Technology(multimedia), Visual Arts and Senior Science?
I've also heard that scaling counts according to some students.
With that combination of subjects, 99.8+ is probably impossible but 90+ certainly is not. Obviously, you will need to get higher marks in those subjects then say a person who does 4 unit maths, advanced english, chemistry and physics.

noriel

HSC
With that combination of subjects, 99.8+ is probably impossible but 90+ certainly is not. Obviously, you will need to get higher marks in those subjects then say a person who does 4 unit maths, advanced english, chemistry and physics.
Thanks :) thats a relief....well I only want an atar of 85 and I don't need 4 unit maths, chemistry or physics where i'm heading.

enoilgam

HSC
Thanks :) thats a relief....well I only want an atar of 85 and I don't need 4 unit maths, chemistry or physics where i'm heading.
Just be aware that with the exception of english, your subjects are extremely low scaling. To get 90, you would need mid-band 5 for english and low band 6's for your other subjects.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Just be aware that with the exception of english, your subjects are extremely low scaling. To get 90, you would need mid-band 5 for english and low band 6's for your other subjects.
^ This. It is definitely possible to get 90+, but with low scaling subjects, you will need to work hard to get good marks in both assessment and HSC exam.

boredj

HSC
your ranking in school also counts, but u should if u study hard

ReneeApple

HSC
It's possible to get it with any subject combination as well as you do well in them!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You can get 99.95 with any combination of subjects, as long as you have 10 or more units that count to ATAR.

wildchild666

HSC
You can get 99.95 with any combination of subjects, as long as you have 10 or more units that count to ATAR.
According to ATAR calculators they wouldn't get 99.95 with that combination of subjects, even if they score 100 in every subject. Is this correct? :confused:

enoilgam

HSC
According to ATAR calculators they wouldn't get 99.95 with that combination of subjects, even if they score 100 in every subject. Is this correct? :confused:
Probably. The OP's subject combination is one of a few where its impossible to get 99.95 due to scaling. This is because nearly all of their subjects are extremely low scaling. Its highly improbable that a person aiming for 99+ let alone 99.95 would do this combination of subjects.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If they got 100 in all the subjects they would all scale higher than ever before because usually the top students would only top like 1 subject and do shit in others if they did subjects like those.

jessxxr

HSC
my friend got 92.50 with standard english, general maths, cafs, food tech and ancient history, and she wasn't coming first in all of them, only english and food tech, so its definitely possible as people have already stated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)