can you get fired for taking pictures of knowledge needed to perform your job?? (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
I just started working for big bank, they have their SOP and knowledge pdf stored on their intranet, which can not be exported onto usb (they use symantec endpoint protection), so I'm taking pictures of the screen with a camera so that I can study and memorise at home, would I get fired if they find out? Are banks anal about these things?

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
I just started working for big bank, they have their SOP and knowledge pdf stored on their intranet, which can not be exported onto usb (they use symantec endpoint protection), so I'm taking pictures of the screen with a camera so that I can study and memorise at home, would I get fired if they find out? Are banks anal about these things?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's probably a violation of your bank's information confidentiality policy; or at the very least, an IT policy (doubt you are using a company-issued or controlled phone/tablet).

In all seriousness, if you need to follow procedures/etc, why not just save the file locally and open them when you need it. It shouldn't be long before it becomes second nature. Alternatively look around, do other people print these documents out and pin them on their walls?

financialwar

HSC
N/A
In all seriousness, if you need to follow procedures/etc, why not just save the file locally and open them when you need it. It shouldn't be long before it becomes second nature. Alternatively look around, do other people print these documents out and pin them on their walls?
No one prints out the sop and our company promotes "paperless" method.

Last edited:

asparagus

HSC
N/A
there is a concept in equity called 'breach of confidence', but its only relevant to the extent that they suffer loss from you doing that.

Maybe just ask your supervisor if there is a way they can send you a copy.

From an employment law perspective it may be a violation of the terms of your employment to do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)