Can you pick up english extension 1 + 2 in year 12? (1 Viewer)

yeah_boy

HSC
Hey

I was wondering whether it is possible to pick up extension english 1 + 2, and drop a subject. I am doing well in advanced english.

I want to change Art. I LOVED it in Year 10.. now because of a crappy teacher I have seriously lost all passion, I hate painting, I hate drawing its just.. I can't do it.. Picking up a paintbrush makes me shitty. I do really well in exams though, I came 2nd out of 90 kids doing art in my year and I was absent a lot and didn't go any of the theory assignments.. My ranking is also 10th and I've done no assignments..

What would be in best, continuing art, or picking up extension 1 and 2 (if it is possible) for the best possible UAI? Even if I cant do eng extension I may do history extension or something...

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
no. you have to have completed the prelim course. unless your an exceptional student with an educator to help you complete all of the work for the prelim course, providing your school allows it.
i highly doubt you'll be able to.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Visual arts is not the best scaling subject around if you're aiming for a high ATAR. Though it's perfectly possible.

yeah_boy

HSC
Visual arts is not the best scaling subject around if you're aiming for a high ATAR. Though it's perfectly possible.
I hate my school! They are such liars.

"Visual arts is an EXTREMELY good course if you want a high UAI!"

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Yeah.. at this is what my school said:

"Every subject scales the same, so pick anything you like"

and then I picked Standard English :(

MetroMattums

HSC
90 kids at your school do it? Wow.

And you can't pick Ext. English for next year if you didn't do it this year - it's a two year course. :/ Made the same mistake as you. Sigh.

ptrgrgry

HSC
I made the same mistake in not choosing Extension Math. My Yr. 10 teacher recommended me for general and now I'm beating even the kids who are doing Extension 2 Math next year... so clearly he was wrong (the idiot:jedi:)

laRAWR

HSC
history extension would be your best bet.
ancient or modern?
art is a hard scaling subject.
i do ext eng, picking up ext 2, and if your exceptional and they let you do ext 1, the work isnt too hard.
its basically adv, just you get to feel cooler cause you can say you do an ext :)

benhaddad

HSC
I made the same mistake in not choosing Extension Math. My Yr. 10 teacher recommended me for general and now I'm beating even the kids who are doing Extension 2 Math next year... so clearly he was wrong (the idiot:jedi:)
well you should have just picked what you thought you could do, rather than listening to your teachers. if i listened to everything teachers told me i would not be a happy chappy.

gella

HSC
oh i thought you could pick up ext 2 in year 12? meh

HSC
^ only if you did ext 1 in year 11 and provided you keep ext 1 in year 12 also

Crazynesss

HSC
Same. I'm doing 2u maths atm and not happy chappy

yugi

HSC
Mann i made a huge mistake in dropping Ext1 english, now im screwed
Its not the end of the world, Advanced English isn't all that bad

I now get to watch all the ext1 kids freak out because they have to memorise 2 essays insted
sucked in :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)