Car Parking - contains ranting (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
CieL said:
^ NFI...

I also hate it when people park badly..

I arrived at the carpark thinking I must be hella lucky to get a parking spot straight away.... so I reversed in..... n all that time I'm thinking to myself, is this spot kinda tight or what.. got myself in, wound the window down and realised that I had about 3 inches on either side of my car.. like fuck I cant get out.. that was because those two people parked in a V shape.. fucking dodgy.. I had to move to find another spot..
lol that happened to me before and i just got in and out through my boot

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
My friends car was broken into and his shit cleaned out (work papers and printer). He had parked at mac center and it was about 9-9.30pm. So that isn't as safe as you think.

Hawayron

HSC
I had a secret weapon against parking spot thieves...

I never had to worry, for I knew I could always rely on this.

The observatory car park my friends, this was a place that ALWAYS had a park... at most it wasn't even half full. The only strife is the slightly longer walk, fully worth it for the stress free state of mind.

Fellow drivers!
The Secret weapon is lost, since the roads surrounding our university have sprung up with parking meters, a new wave of discontent has struck Macq Uni drivers.

For just the other day, I went to park in the Observatory Car park and was met by not only a full car park, but there were 4-5 cars zooming around looking for parks.

This is a sad day for us all.

-B

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
fark... i jus bought a new car....

where abouts is the safest place to park?

i was thinking near that walkway where ppl walk by after they get off their bus... cause theres lotsa ppl in that area...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol my car got broken into at macquarie too ...... they stole my fucking stereo, mother fuckers! arrgghh i spent a fortune on it too and stupid me forgot to take the face of the stereo off... dammnit!

Anyway there are no choices to park at macquarie.. you get what you can get mate... but if i had a choice... it would be where theres' always people around.. on the first levels.. but they're usually taken up by 9am... damnit

X

xeuyrawp

Safest place to park is outside W6A -- where literally 50 offices look out onto the carpark.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Safest place to park is outside W6A -- where literally 50 offices look out onto the carpark.
Thats cause thats the arts/humanities department, everyone knows that we're the poorest of the poor

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I should probably mention that he has a beamer - which probably added to the risk of it being broken into in the first place.

prusso

HSC
i never find any trouble parking, i love parking in a restricted boomgate area :) never find trouble and always get my huge space outside my work office haha which is constantly watched by cameras day n night :)

apart from that area, the uni is fucked up, they sold another level of parking early this year to the business park, and will continue to do so once the new parking is opened for the medical centre/medical school

for free parking near the uni that is a 5min walk, get onto talavera road, travel all the way down to culloden and turn right at a round-a-bout and park inside macq uni sports fields, its a giant car park and its patrolled by uni security and u dont need a sticker :)

or u can park at my old work, marsfield woolies lol :)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
i tend to get out the car park fast - those asian guys smoking in their Honda's look mad enough to run you down ... :p

CieL

HSC
clairegirl said:
lol that happened to me before and i just got in and out through my boot
Do you drive a hatchback?

My stupid Honda.... fuck I cant believe they made something so important so gay....

To get the rear seats down, I have to go open the boot, then pull two tags located BEHIND the seats before the seats pop down... there are no buttons or levers on the inside...

But how weird would it be if someone saw you climbing out of your boot?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
CieL said:
Do you drive a hatchback?

My stupid Honda.... fuck I cant believe they made something so important so gay....

To get the rear seats down, I have to go open the boot, then pull two tags located BEHIND the seats before the seats pop down... there are no buttons or levers on the inside...

But how weird would it be if someone saw you climbing out of your boot?
lol yeah i have a honda civic hatchback (old kinds me thinks)... and people did see, it was during the time everyone was going home ... i didn't care lol... and omg my ass got stuck tooo and it took a while to get into the front seat because for some reason (im a fattie) my ass got stuck in between the two front seats... so yahhh great view

CieL

HSC
TEHEHEHE.. I guess if I saw everyone going home, I'd spare some time to get another better parking spot..

*hopeful*

HSC
parking always sucks at the start of sem and its always after the 10.30-11 time but as someone said it will get slightly better soon

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
I had an attempted theft on my car. They screw-drivered the door and caused $500 worth of damage. My Quiktrak alarm stopped them from taking my car, but they hung around long enough to take another guy's car instead- a Mazda RX7.

I think these people attend the uni, or at least have friends that do, because they struck during a SIBT exam in summer, when the majority of the uni is on vacation. It was between 6-7PM, in the multilevel carparks where visibility is minimal, and I get the feeling they probably knew what cars they were after in advance.

X

xeuyrawp

Luke! said:
I had an attempted theft on my car. They screw-drivered the door and caused $500 worth of damage. My Quiktrak alarm stopped them from taking my car, but they hung around long enough to take another guy's car instead- a Mazda RX7.

I think these people attend the uni, or at least have friends that do, because they struck during a SIBT exam in summer, when the majority of the uni is on vacation. It was between 6-7PM, in the multilevel carparks where visibility is minimal, and I get the feeling they probably knew what cars they were after in advance.
Where were you parked?

And if I catch any of these people screw-drivering The Silver Bullet, they're going to regret it...

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Where were you parked?
My car was parked in one of the unversity's multilevel carparks across from SIBT, between the two bus-stops along that road. This was back in late 2005 I might add. So hopefully the same people aren't around anymore.

Still, if you drive any kind of performance car, it is never safe. If they can't break in and drive it away, they will put on their fluoro yellow jackets so they look like workmen, they'll drag your car onto a tilt-tray truck, and it will end up in pieces in someone's backyard.

Kegs

HSC
Luke! said:
My car was parked in one of the unversity's multilevel carparks across from SIBT, between the two bus-stops along that road. This was back in late 2005 I might add. So hopefully the same people aren't around anymore.

Still, if you drive any kind of performance car, it is never safe. If they can't break in and drive it away, they will put on their fluoro yellow jackets so they look like workmen, they'll drag your car onto a tilt-tray truck, and it will end up in pieces in someone's backyard.
well, never fear pwar, the silver bullet shall be fine. I dont think it is a performance car.

X

xeuyrawp

Kegs said:
well, never fear pwar, the silver bullet shall be fine. I dont think it is a performance car.
It's a classic.

Kids nowadays. :rolleyes:

:p

:(

HSC
N/A
I am always wondering why people drive those 'performance cars' to uni anyway.

It's not as if you can show off how fast you can go between home and uni, it probably cost a lot more than a 'normal' car, and you make yourself out to be a huge theft magnet...

*has something of a disinterest in cars*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)