Car vs Motorbike (1 Viewer)

quik.

HSC
What are you going to do with it?

As far as riding goes, here are some of the downsides:

Shopping = only what can fit in my backpack (or tankbag/rackbag if you swing that way)

Depending on what gear you wear, you have that with you all the time. Helmet, gloves, jacket, boots.

The cost of the above, you can get all of those fairly cheaply, depends how hard you look and what you're comfortable having protect you.

There is a LOT more involvement required from you. You won't have a tonne or two of steel protecting you from fender benders. If you have right of way and someone pulls out on you, you're the one who is gonna get fucked up. You have to make sure you know what's going on around you, what the road surface is like when you're taking that corner, has that guy seen you? etc.

There is also more involvement required in a maintenance sense. Lubing the chain, cleaning the chain, general upkeep etc

Obviously you will be exposed to the elements more. If it's windy, you will get blown around. If it rains, you will get wet.

Now on the other hand, it's bloody good fun :] While everyone is sitting in traffic you can split up to the front, you'll find the long way home simply cos corners are awesome, etc. Also all the chicks will want you, or something.

Personally I enjoy riding infinitely more than driving, and I can't see a car ever being my main mode of transport.

boris

Banned
HSC

lol yeah. $15990. could probly get one for $15k drive away.

mmmmm 134hp at 14,000rpm with Ram Air

boris

Banned
HSC

$22K but worth every cent.

except for zero practicality.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
If you're going to uni, a motorbike generally gets you free parking (which is v.nice at usyd, for example, where parking is $24 a day).

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Think about driving in the rain VS riding in the rain.
It's only chicks that give that reply. Because of their precious nails and hair.

I can think of two places that they won't get ruined, the kitchen and the bedroom.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
It's only chicks that give that reply. Because of their precious nails and hair.

I can think of two places that they won't get ruined, the kitchen and the bedroom.

If her hair isn't ruined afterwards, pretty sure you're not doing it right...

Oh, having a bike saves you the hassle of having to pick drunk mates up from odd places at 4am.

Last edited:

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Also if you want to die instantly a motorbike, if you want to die slowly a car

Tonthat

HSC
Also, Riding a bike in peak hour traffic is fun whilst driving a car during peak hour is torture.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
It's not always the rider who causes the accident, it's mainly due to incompetent drivers. When I ride my 250 (Lolz fk u 2), I find that some drivers think I'm an experienced rider and therefore they sit up my arse expecting me to break the speed limit.

Visibilty is a major problem I find, if you're uncomfortable while overtaking (especially semis), nothing wrong with gaining the drivers attention with a tap on the horn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)