Carr or Brogden? (1 Viewer)

Carr or Brogden

• Total voters

Lorie

HSC
Carr seriously, a lesser of an evil. Given a better leader of the libs, i might change.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Carr, lesser of two evils. They are both sad excuses for human beings though.

But not all blame can be laid on Carr, the vast majority of income to state governments come from federal government, which can lay conditions for funding to states. So alot of the problem arises from insufficient funds flowing to the states, or the funds having ludicrous conditions attached.

The problems we are having are a large part, fault of the federal government.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
oh yes, of course.
Site an example please?
Im just telling you how the system works. You learn this stuff from HSC Legal Studies.

If the federal government doesn't provide funding, with the correct conditions (or no conditions) the state governments can not do very much.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You'll also note that NSW is in fact recovering from problems set down before any of you guys remember. We once had a premier named Nick Greiner, who privatised the railways. Recently, the contract to maintain much of the railways ran out, and all of a sudden, the diminished railway workforce had a lot more area to cover.

Trains are running late, but they're running safely. Most of the problems with the train network today are the Direct result of what the public demanded after the Waterfall incident.

ohne

HSC
Phanatical said:
You'll also note that NSW is in fact recovering from problems set down before any of you guys remember. We once had a premier named Nick Greiner, who privatised the railways. Recently, the contract to maintain much of the railways ran out, and all of a sudden, the diminished railway workforce had a lot more area to cover.

Trains are running late, but they're running safely. Most of the problems with the train network today are the Direct result of what the public demanded after the Waterfall incident.
i have no idea what you are on about but nick griener did not privitise the railways

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
ohne said:
i have no idea what you are on about but nick griener did not privitise the railways
Nick Greiner put much of the railway corridor in the hands of Transfield corporation, to carry out maintainence in lieu of the recently formed Rail Services Australia (RSA). Transfield Corp. were put in charge of well-maintained lines, and were expected to keep them that way. But when the Rail Infrastructure Corporation (RIC) finally got back those parts of the corridor, what were well-maintained lines were now unsafe, need-to-be-replaced lines. Unfortunately, the railway workforce which once number 40000, now only numbered 4000, so RailCorp must now fix these problems. At least the employ of the railway workers is no longer a threat.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
You do think the number of employees may have fallen due to increasing technology rather than your idea of "privatisation"?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I don't live in Sydney, so I don't really care about your transport system at the end of the day.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
why is it that you think more people = efficiency?
It isn't as though fewer people will always lead to a more efficient service. Besides, I think that an effective service would be the better option seeing as though we are talking about the backbone of the public transport network and all.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
We don't even have a rail system, we just have the normal buses...they're really good buses too...none of those shit ones you see in Sydney...the King brothers spent up big before they filed for bankruptcy!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Do you have any idea how hard (and expensive) it is to maintain the entire Railway Corridor? 4000 employees is barely enough to maintain the City network, much less the corridor up to Newcastle, down past Wollongong, into the Blue Mountains. Don't forget, it isn't just people with hammers, there's a lot involved in preparing and maintaining a railway track. The technology hasn't changed all that much in the last 15 years to require the workforce to be substantially cut. That's what economic rationalism does. At least my father has guaranteed employment now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)