Carr or Brogden? (1 Viewer)

Carr or Brogden

• Total voters

ohne

HSC
Phanatical said:
Nick Greiner put much of the railway corridor in the hands of Transfield corporation, to carry out maintainence in lieu of the recently formed Rail Services Australia (RSA). Transfield Corp. were put in charge of well-maintained lines, and were expected to keep them that way. But when the Rail Infrastructure Corporation (RIC) finally got back those parts of the corridor, what were well-maintained lines were now unsafe, need-to-be-replaced lines. Unfortunately, the railway workforce which once number 40000, now only numbered 4000, so RailCorp must now fix these problems. At least the employ of the railway workers is no longer a threat.
outsourcing of maintenance does not constitute privitising the rail network

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
I met them both - Bob's a nice bloke. Johnny-boy Brogden isn't.
I'm sorry, do you know them both personally?

Yeah, thats what I thought.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
In the half-hour I knew each of them on my travels as an apprentice photojournalist, I could tell Bob was a pretty nice bloke. Brogden, on the other hand was rather rude and aggressive.

And 'squith, the spoiler tags are fast becoming like the Austin Powers photos from a while ago.
Its because Carr wanted your vote, whereas Brogden was smart enough not to suck up like a little bitch. Btw, if you base a mans personality on a half-hour experience then your a fool.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
ohne said:
outsourcing of maintenance does not constitute privitising the rail network
I realise this. However, the SRA had become a state-owned corporation operated in the same manner as a private corporation. Just a matter of terminology.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
So, even though Carr may have gotten a root, and Brogden was in the dog house your gonna burn him for that 1 second?

ohne

HSC
Phanatical said:
I realise this. However, the SRA had become a state-owned corporation operated in the same manner as a private corporation. Just a matter of terminology.
yes, but this was done by the carr government...changed from the SRA to rail corp :rolleyes:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
No, in fact that SRA was split into State Rail, Rail Services Australia, Rail Access Corporation, FreightRail etc, before Carr.

The RSA and RAC became the Rail Infrastructure Corporation not that long ago, and then to completely reverse what they did before, the RIC merged with the SRA to form RailCorp.

Generator

HSC
N/A
It seems like a fair piece, and I like it how he both recognised and ignored the economic reforms of the previous Labor governments at the federal level. Still, it is almost 2005, so he may have become more Howard-like by now (but just not as popular).

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
You can't win asqy, even the left is turning against the left.

Muhahaha. Not even Refshauge can save you now!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
I would hate to see NSW criminal law turn even further to the right as we essentially live in a police state in NSW.
Carr wants to turn NSW into a nanny state, and feels that the only way to control problems is to tighten rules and regulations, instead of dealing with the root of the problem.

i.e.: Instead of providing increased driver education and practical training courses, ridiculous regulations such as 0 alcohol are imposed, and curfew is considered.

i.e.: Instead of dealing with the cause of drunken assaults, he imposes stupid restrictions such as the "shout-fine" law.

Ironically, the Liberal party is well, much more liberal, and I can't think of any of the above laws (and similar regulations) formulated by the Carr government that have received bipartisan support.

ohne

HSC
Asquithian said:
I think a few of us fear that Brogden will pull NSW Law and order even further to the right considering that a left wong government has imposed a right wing approach to crime ie
true....as bob carr hasmoved law to the extreme right they do have very little room to manoevere before nsw starts resembling nazi germany, however i don't see anything wrong with taking a liberal approch to law and civil liberties, even if this means criticism from alan jones and the daily telegraph :vcross: i know i would be more likely to vote for a party that took civil liberties seriously rather than feeding the predjudice of naive voters in marginal regional and outer-suburban electorates

ohne

HSC
neo_o said:
Carr wants to turn NSW into a nanny state, and feels that the only way to control problems is to tighten rules and regulations, instead of dealing with the root of the problem.

i.e.: Instead of providing increased driver education and practical training courses, ridiculous regulations such as 0 alcohol are imposed, and curfew is considered.

i.e.: Instead of dealing with the cause of drunken assaults, he imposes stupid restrictions such as the "shout-fine" law.

Ironically, the Liberal party is well, much more liberal, and I can't think of any of the above laws (and similar regulations) formulated by the Carr government that have received bipartisan support.
yeah....i agree. the thing i hate about the ALP is that they don't believe anyone is capable of looking after themselves or making their own decisions. they are always trying to remove personal freedoms and dictate how they think people should behave. here is a good article about the blair labour government in britain:

http://www.economist.com/opinion/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3400853

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Carr is a political machine, I can sense that somehow he will find a way to win the next election (if he's still interested that is) regardless of how much shit he is in now.

On a completely unrelated note wasn't carr like the most high flying labor politician who supported the introduction of the gst (indirectly of course)?

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
If the election was held now, Labor would find itself in alot of trouble. There would be a backlash in light of the cityrail problems. Since elections aren't till 2007, Carr has a bit of time to rectify the problem and the cityrail issue will probably die down by then (unless the problem gets even worse).

Problem with Brogden and the Libs is they don't offer any solutions to the problems. They just like to complain and blame the government for everything. On the news the other day (Cityrail fare-free day) Brogden was at a train station handing out flyers (obviously containing Liberal Propaganda), shows how desperate he is trying to milk everything he can out of the Cityrail issue :rolleyes: .

I also read somewhere that he is offering to have 1 fare-free day every month if train services are not up to standard- A blantant example of vote-buying, shows that he also has no solution to the train issue, he's already conceding that there will be train problems under the Libs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)