Cars for around $30K (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
CieL said:
*SIGH*!!!

for your $30k you could of gotten a VW Polo Gti! 1.8L turbocharged, 110kw and 0-100km/hr in like, just over 8 secs.. for $27k.. but i guess that's just the car lol
that car is a total piece of shit.......

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

Vehicle 2004 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF V Trendline
Price $29,990
Kilometres 2,662
Body 5 door Hatchback
Colour BLUE
Transmission 6 speed Automatic
Engine 4 cylinder Premium Unleaded Multi-point injected 1.6L (1595cc)
Reg Plate NXJ48W
VIN .
Stock # U21510

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/carsforsale/index.php

i would get this, but only cause its in my backyard, i like the car, and its hardly been driven[note:2004 model, under 3k driven, who the fuck owned this? a grandma?]
not the best price, but its pretty much as good as new which is what you are after, its not a large car, but its pretty ecconomical and has that extra power for when you need it, plus its not a pissy feminine colour like purple[my current car]
man i wish i had 30k right now so i could get it... incentive for work i guess

If i lived in Sydney, and wasnt 2 fussed about getting a recent model woth low km i would be looking yonder:

Vehicle 2002 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 4th Gen MY02 GTi
Price $29,900
Kilometres 32,751
Body 5 door Hatchback
Colour Black
Transmission 5 speed Manual
Engine 4 cylinder Premium Unleaded Turbo 1.8L (1781cc)
Reg Plate ANB49A
VIN WVWZZZ1JZ3W117724
Stock # 83528
Comments We have just traded this vehicle which is in excellent condition and ready for a drive today. Drop in today for a test drive. Email now for more details.

man how nice does that look!

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Accord Euro is considerably more pricey than the Mazda6 (at the moment) I think.

To be honest... I haven't gone for P's yet =P Need to go for them before my rents will order the car >< but I don't like the idea of a long waiting list for the Golf GTi- although I admit I like the subtle look... reminds me of the C55- looks like an ordinary car, but there's a monster underneath.

And Too Lazy- it was becoming a bit of a value for money issue in the sense that I'm planning to change cars once I finish uni and (in my father's words) "appreciate cars a bit better"... If anyone cares, I can go through a long list of reasons/deliberations I went through in deciding on the Astra, but since this topic is for that other guy who's interested in Camrys and family sedans, I don't know if it belongs here.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Go the accord, the mazda 6 is crap compared to it and the salesman where dad and i went ignored us completely treated us likke we were dickheads looking for a test drive and nothing else, honda also i supposed to have very good after sale service (dad is getting the accord euro in a couple of weeks) and it is true that they do hold their value for longer because they don't change the models very often! If it were me I would definately trade the commodore in on an accord, or possibly a liberty! (look at that one too, although it is not as sporty looking, it is nice inside, etc)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Liberty is sweet... but it was a bit big for me >< There's one in my area in black and I definitely like the look a lot better than those new Imprezas which.. supposedly were inspired by an airplane. Ugh ><

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
seremify007 said:
Accord Euro is considerably more pricey than the Mazda6 (at the moment) I think.

To be honest... I haven't gone for P's yet =P Need to go for them before my rents will order the car >< but I don't like the idea of a long waiting list for the Golf GTi- although I admit I like the subtle look... reminds me of the C55- looks like an ordinary car, but there's a monster underneath.

And Too Lazy- it was becoming a bit of a value for money issue in the sense that I'm planning to change cars once I finish uni and (in my father's words) "appreciate cars a bit better"... If anyone cares, I can go through a long list of reasons/deliberations I went through in deciding on the Astra, but since this topic is for that other guy who's interested in Camrys and family sedans, I don't know if it belongs here.
yeah the GTi isnt 2 bad eh, but your right it would take forever to get ahold of one, iam trying my best to save a shitload of money right now, so that during uni if iam lucky i will be able to afford one, if not it would make a nice car to drive to work in.

in your case either go the camry cause its cheap now, and seriously it isnt 2 bad, its pretty spacy, decent interior and all in all i would say a good family car so like perfect for your needs, but if u can con your parents into getting the mazda6 get it, it is sorta a family car, but a bit more sporty than the camry and looks really good

CieL

HSC
Pace_T said:
that car is a total piece of shit.......
how about compared to the astra which is more expensive

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone has different criteria for what they're looking for in a car Carmen... not everyone's primary consideration is performance =P

CrashOveride

HSC
CieL said:
what were you disappointed in?
I expected a fair bit from this car. The rear window felt a bit small, the boot space was less than the camry, the layout of components under the bonnet was not as good as the camry. Moreover, the overall "feel" of the car didn't make me prepared to fork out an extra 7K to go with the accord over the altise. There was some other stuff but I've forgotten now.

So basically it was a good drive, but not an impressive drive.

- L1n -

HSC
Well for around 30k i bought a Mazda 3 SP23 Manual. Got like 1500 dollars off the asking price and demanded free mats + half price window tints. lol sat they for like 40 minutes negotiating with the salesman, but meh at last i got a car, about friggin time.

- L1n -

HSC
1500 is not alot but it's reasonable unless ur one of those real stingy person who would bother argueing for hours and hours just to get 3k off, then good for u, i rather not.

- L1n -

HSC
thats becos the asking price was 32500, with no extras i mean would anyone pay 200 bucks for mazda carmats i don't think so, the dude was trying to convince me to pay for extras, and thats why it took so long, cos he wanted to add but i wanted a decent price plus those adds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)