CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
Re: Cars

Anyone going to mcm meet on 18th of April.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Is this real?? $7990 for a r33 that has done only 28000 Kms? Same cars in that price range have done 150,000kms+ http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1996/SSE-AD-3251019/?Cr=8
Either new engine or "typo". Note "typo" as they are falsely advertising.

Looking at the photo, it is 237807 km.

Also, what crappy parking. It's on the middle of the street.

Over the years there have been many articles proclaiming <insert locally built V8> are on par with <insert German saloon equivalent which costs double or triple>. Even if they happen to match on some quantitative measures of performance, you don't buy a German just for the performance aspect but the entire experience.

That being said the pic above was a C63 Black which is in a different league.
Also, the tuning for handling might be quite different. European cars I would suspect (not too sure though) have quite different handling to a local V8.

turntaker

HSC

i wanna go so bad but i will have no car available to go there :(. And isn't it just a drag racing competition rather than a proper meet?
No you can still go and check out cars

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

Is a lancer good for a first car?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

don't have any experiences with lancers but i am a lancer evolution fanboy though.
Who doesn't like evos? Also remember my previous post how I mentioned I'm looking for "good-looking" cars? I mean cars like the lancer, so if you know any cars that look good like a lancer let me know.

astroman

HSC

Who doesn't like evos? Also remember my previous post how I mentioned I'm looking for "good-looking" cars? I mean cars like the lancer, so if you know any cars that look good like a lancer let me know.
that is a very broad thing to give an answer too since what 'looks good' to one person is different to another person. I like cars like the Mazda mx5 and Nissan r34 and s15 Silvia, so giving a list of cars that look good will not suffice. Choosing a good first car should be based predominanlty on what the owner wants in the car. IIRC you wanted a Hyundai i30?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

What type of cars should I be looking for? What type of cars are cheap to maintain? Also should I look for JDM cars?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

that is a very broad thing to give an answer too since what 'looks good' to one person is different to another person. I like cars like the Mazda mx5 and Nissan r34 and s15 Silvia, so giving a list of cars that look good will not suffice. Choosing a good first car should be based predominanlty on what the owner wants in the car. IIRC you wanted a Hyundai i30?
Yeah but after looking at the i30 it doesn't look pleasing, so I'm still searching...

astroman

HSC

What type of cars should I be looking for? What type of cars are cheap to maintain? Also should I look for JDM cars?
i cannot answer that, you need to answer that. What do you want in a car, should it have 4 doors? A large boot? 6 airbags...These little things add up, make a checklist of things you want and type it out, make a complete list to get a more refined selection of cars to look into. Regarding JDM do you mean Japanese cars or specifically importing to australia from japan?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

i cannot answer that, you need to answer that. What do you want in a car, should it have 4 doors? A large boot? 6 airbags...These little things add up, make a checklist of things you want and type it out, make a complete list to get a more refined selection of cars to look into. Regarding JDM do you mean Japanese cars or specifically importing to australia from japan?
Japanese cars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)