CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Re: Cars

if i was a rich old man i would get a datsun 240z and a hakosuka

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

What is import?
Are the 2010 wagons rwd.
The v6 3L one
wait what u can import holdens? And get fwd commodores?
All commodores are RWD. Holden import some Opel and Korean cars, they are all FWD.

You cant import any commodores in the same way JDM cars are, but some of the rebadged commodores could be bought overseas by ex pats which could be brought back here if they meet certain conditions. (i've seen a Vauxhall Monaro VXR over here actually)

astroman

HSC

All commodores are RWD. Holden import some Opel and Korean cars, they are all FWD.

You cant import any commodores in the same way JDM cars are, but some of the rebadged commodores could be bought overseas by ex pats which could be brought back here. (i've seen a Vauxhall Monaro VXR over here actually)
holden's are shit anyway, i would get a Ford XR6T if i was into this muscle car thing

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

L series engine is pretty bullet proof, that one seems to have an after market turbo though. L28s are pretty cheap, and L28 turbos from the US come up every now and then.
I've had no experience with them, but now I'm keen to find an engine and have a good look at it.

but with a project car isn't the point to do a rebuild? It's a beautiful car and im sure with putting in loads of time and some money the car will drastically appreciate in value. It is a classic after all so the price is only gonna go higher if its in good shape.
Yes, however the hardest thing to rebuild is a chassis. If your chassis is in pieces, you basically have nowhere to start.

astroman

HSC

I don't like muscle cars
nor do i, especially those with the massive superchargers coming out of the bonnet. That is my view of what 'rice' is in western car culture. But i still appreciate the muscle car feel that the ford falcons and holden commodores have here in australia. They are not the best handling but are focused at being torque monsters with lots of grunt for straight line speed on a drag strip. It's easy to tune a falcon or commodore to over 600hp with simple mods like bigger injectors, re-tune, bigger fuel pump, bigger air intake and a nice exhaust so i get why some people appreciate them.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

Any good takeoff videos you guys know of?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)