• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Catholic Church and HIV/AIDS in Africa. (2 Viewers)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Well not yours, since Church attendance and people identifying with Christianity is declining in Western countries.

Its interesting that as people become richer and more educated they tend to shun religion. Meanwhile the Church is busy selling its lies to the most desperate, poverty stricken, uneducated people in Africa.
Youre surprised that money breeds desire and sin? Vain ambitons of personal conquest? Visions of hate and greed, competition and lust rather than Love and Hope for all humanity?!!?

The West is more uneducated than you think. Youre a slave to inhuman corporate beasts :eek:

Lukybear

HSC
Well not yours, since Church attendance and people identifying with Christianity is declining in Western countries.

Its interesting that as people become richer and more educated they tend to shun religion. Meanwhile the Church is busy selling its lies to the most desperate, poverty stricken, uneducated people in Africa.
"Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book." Revelations 22:7

Well i think most of what you said is corret Zimmerman. Church attendance is perhaps slumming in particular cases, but that only beholds the message of the bible. The world is tempting, and at times it can grant false spiritual power to the people, and these people may forget the source of life, the great hope, Love itself, that is our Christ and God. Yes I do know it is sad, but faith must be had, for Our message will endure forever. For one who has experience the true Love of God, cannot be happy without it.

And yes, the Churhc is spreading the gospel to the poor. I dont see any reason why not? It is saving their lives, giving them the truth of life and mabey even liberating them from the slums that is their life. It is in the bible, that we must treat all people with equality, whether poor or rich. We cannot allow our starving brothers to continue be tortured by hunger. Isnt that right Iron?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Absolutely Lukybear! I dont engage with this atheist fantasy of Christian predators trolling the depths of the black continent or the orient, searching for vulnerable prey. They clearly know nothing of what we do.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
...they merely say that the use of such devices is contrary to the Christian message.

Try, saying that condoms don't prevent the transmission of STI's, or worse still, that condoms actually spread AIDS.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Try, saying that condoms don't prevent the transmission of STI's, or worse still, that condoms actually spread AIDS.
Sigh. Lets stop picking at this scab. The puss has long since left it.

Condoms are not fool-proof. Condoms promote promiscuity. Condoms can easily offer a false security

jmakowiak

HSC
While it may be true that the Catholic Church encourages the fact that sex be saved for after marriage, it does not account for the fact that in the areas most in need of contraband the practices and rules of the church are not teached nor enforced in any way. I may not be catholic, but I won't try to discredit the church in any way.

And so is the question posed: Does the church have to promote the use of condoms in areas where it is clear that their sex-when-married ideals will most often be entirely ignored?

Pope Benedict

Banned
HSC
Only those who follow the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ through me shall see the gates of heaven. Those who claim to be true Christians yet follow the queen, look into the eyes of Jesus and ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

Protestants are not Christians, only hypocrites.

Lentern

HSC
Only those who follow the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ through me shall see the gates of heaven. Those who claim to be true Christians yet follow the queen, look into the eyes of Jesus and ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

Now that's just classless whoever that is. Crucify him! Free Barabbas!

Pope Benedict

Banned
HSC
Oh lentern, the lord himself knows everything about you. You claim to be a catholic, but do you even follow my teaching? I think not.

Hypocrite of the highest order. The father will deal with you in the after life.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
The West is more uneducated than you think. Youre a slave to inhuman corporate beasts :eek:
Though the smiley face did lighten the blow, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I admit that the progressive nature of Western countries does incite in many a sense of unwarranted arrogance, but the saying that we follow, what?, inhuman corporate beasts is simply being melodramatic.
Although, melodrama is like an art to you people.

"Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book." Revelations 22:7
Oh yeah?

"THE PATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS MAN IS BESET ON ALL SIDES BY THE INEQUITIES OF THE SELFISH AND THE TYRANNY OF EVIL MEN. BLESSED IS HE WHO, IN THE NAME OF CHARITY AND GOOD WILL, SHEPARDS THE WEAK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF DARNESS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS BROTHER'S KEEPER, AND THE FINDER OF LOST CHILDREN. AND I WILL STRIKE DOWN UPON THEE WITH GREAT VENGEANCE AND FURIOUS ANGER THOSE WHO ATTEMPT TO POISON AND DESTROY MY BROTHERS! AND YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD, WHEN I LAY MY VENGEANCE UPON THEE!"

*bang bang bang*

Ezekiel 25:17 (As spoken by Jules)

And so is the question posed: Does the church have to promote the use of condoms in areas where it is clear that their sex-when-married ideals will most often be entirely ignored?
No, not at all. It would be nice if they would stop preventing people from promoting proper use of contraception though. Plus, if they could publically condemn the priests who tell African citizens that condomns actually contain HIV, then that would be just dandy.

I'm not good at troll-spotting, and if I ask, you'll probably just give me an ambiguous answer. So, with regards to the this, please explain why Protestant are "hypocrites". It seems like a pretty poor choice of words to me. Do you know what a hypocrite is?

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Oh lentern, the lord himself knows everything about you. You claim to be a catholic, but do you even follow my teaching? I think not.

Hypocrite of the highest order. The father will deal with you in the after life.
Sup Iron. You kinda gave the game away. Do another one.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol I would never stoop to such lows. I accuse Nolan

X

xeuyrawp

Of course I agree :eek:

Just dont expect the church to help
I don't know why they don't put a bit of health and safety amidst their missionary talks? :S

Edit: Oh wait, they do "don't have sex before marriage." :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Looks guys, i'm first to admit that the sexual revolution has caught us Catholics off guard. It has made us hugely unattractive. It has kicked a gaping hole in the previously peaceful union of Church theory and practice. But we're not the only victims. The west today lies in ruins, from shattered families to vain and cowardly prime ministers. How do we mend the wound? We cant. We take the hit as manfully as we can.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Looks guys, i'm first to admit that the sexual revolution has caught us Catholics off guard. It has made us hugely unattractive. It has kicked a gaping hole in the previously peaceful union of Church theory and practice. But we're not the only victims. The west today lies in ruins, from shattered families to vain and cowardly prime ministers. How do we mend the wound? We cant. We take the hit as manfully as we can.
Who's the vain and cowardly Prime Minister? Keating for being gay or Rudd for the strip club story? Or some other PM since the revolution?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
We should get rid of airbags. If people just drived safely then they wouldn't need them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)