Catholic School Trials (1 Viewer)

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
y wud the mother talk like that?
didnt it in the text commonly refer to the boy as 'his son' ??

xxmissy

HSC
aricho said:
what every1 think of eco's
Yeh eco wasnt too bad. multiple choice was straightforward and the short answers as well, i did the macro and globalisation questions in the essays but totally stuffed up the macro...wat did everyone else write about other than fiscal monetary and their limitations?

Last edited:

xxmissy

HSC
aricho said:
arent monetary and fiscal the only macro polices?
lol umm the textbook seemed to have more than what i wrote, i only wrote 3 and a half pages for that one. i think i didnt like it enough to the stimulus.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Did anyone do SOR today?

I thought the short answer on Mabo/Wik was really unexpected, our teachers prepared us for a short answer on "Post-1945 Religious Landscape". The essay question I did (Islam) was easy I thought.

aricho

HSC
N/A
haha i only did those two but wrote 10...
i dont think u hav to specifically link it...i just used a phrase outta the excerpt and then wrote about the graphs without mentioning the 'stimilus'

zaqwerty

HSC
Martyno1 said:
Did anyone do SOR today?

I thought the short answer on Mabo/Wik was really unexpected, our teachers prepared us for a short answer on "Post-1945 Religious Landscape". The essay question I did (Islam) was easy I thought.
I did SOR.

Mabo/Wik was expected for me, we emphasised that a lot in class.

I gunned section two, so easy.

The essay was a bit hows-your-father, but I wrote a lot more than everyone else, so hopefully it's above average.

Jessica14

HSC
I did the SOR1 paper today.

The multiple choice was easy, but you're right, that Mabo/Wik question was unexpected. Did u refer to the timeline in your answer?

I did the essay on Islam because the short answers on Islam were shocking- two six mark questions on the Hajj. The Christianity short answers weren't too bad.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
zaqwerty said:
I did SOR.

Mabo/Wik was expected for me, we emphasised that a lot in class.

I gunned section two, so easy.

The essay was a bit hows-your-father, but I wrote a lot more than everyone else, so hopefully it's above average.
Yeah I thought section 2 was simple.. they actually gave us space to write, I probably would have written so much more if they had given us booklets.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Jessica14 said:
I did the SOR1 paper today.

The multiple choice was easy, but you're right, that Mabo/Wik question was unexpected. Did u refer to the timeline in your answer?

I did the essay on Islam because the short answers on Islam were shocking- two six mark questions on the Hajj. The Christianity short answers weren't too bad.
No, I probably should have referred to it. :(

I did the essay on Islam and short answers on Christianity too. :p When I saw the Islam short answers I was like woah because if they hadn't offered the option of significant person for the essay question I'd have been fucked (I didn't study the practices for Islam.. just ethics and significant person).

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
magpam said:
SOR is over?
wtf i was talking to someone before who was doing SOR and she said she is there u until 5
1 unit SOR is 1.5 hours
2 unit SOR is 3 hours

Jessica14

HSC
Martyno1 said:
No, I probably should have referred to it. :(

I did the essay on Islam and short answers on Christianity too. :p When I saw the Islam short answers I was like woah because if they hadn't offered the option of significant person for the essay question I'd have been fucked (I didn't study the practices for Islam.. just ethics and significant person).
Don't worry I only made one statement about the timeline.

I was hoping the essay to be on significant practices because my school hasnt done Islamic ethics in enough depth and my teacher said we probably wouldn't get the question on the person/school of thought. I spent all morning studying the Hajj and didn't use any of it.

Oh well... it was quite a good paper all up. No terrible surprises.

Russdog

russell
HSC
camchee said:
umm it was actually the father not mother as u said
what the fuck! I coulda sworn it was the mother narrating. I based all my answers on it being a mother.. now I'll get no marks for I obviously didn't read the text properly.

what sort of father would say 'don't you want to look nice?'?.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Russdog said:
what the fuck! I coulda sworn it was the mother narrating. I based all my answers on it being a mother.. now I'll get no marks for I obviously didn't read the text properly.

what sort of father would say 'don't you want to look nice?'?.
Yeah, it was a bit strange. I assumed it was a mother too except that the question said "he". Hopefully it doesn't affect you too much, as long as your points were good it shouldn't matter a huge amount

Jessica14

HSC
I put mother down as well. Hopefully if the discussion is correct we won't lose too many marks.

I did text 2 for the 6 mark response as well, and referred to the parent as "mother." Oh well shit happens.

miss-smexy

HSC
Buiboi said:
umm for that one i did the text 2 memoir the father and son?

i was going to do text 1 but couldnt see much of a contrast

but in text 2 the father had contrasting perspecitves of the journey from start to end, like he weas pretty doubtful and unenthusiastic about it "don you want to look nice? and the son 'winced in pain', shows the contrast between father and son as well

but when he gets the phone call from son, he uses words such as great, wonderful, blah blah

others said to use all 3 texts and some said to use 1...
I thought the persona was a lady and she was the MOTHER =/

stippy

HSC
lol i was high on all sorts for that test. aaand i think i did alright. except my journey wasnt a journey. more of a tree getting caught in a net story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)