Catholic trials 2006. how r they? (3 Viewers)

buttaflai

HSC
The Advantage of doing the CSSA Trial paper is that it's said to be the Hardest trial paper (trials in general tend to be harder than the actual HSC as they are biased and use language/terms favoured by the 2 or 3 writers whilst the HSC is written in accordance with the syllabus and BOS) ... so u get a good indication of how the Hsc is goin to pan out... if u aced the catholic trial... that isn't an indication to slack off... u still have to study... if u fail it... well it's a kick in the butt to get working in the next 57 or so days u have left... if u don't do the catholic trial... try and get a copy of the past papers... it's v.good practice...

as for weighting... my trial is worth from 35% to 40% >.<*.. not good...

for 2unit mathematics students doing the catholic trial paper... GOOD LUCK... i'll tell u now that the two teachers that wrote the paper come from my school and they're EVIL!! they won't go easy on u... they've bragged that it's the hardest paper they've written in the last 5 years... (at least that's what they said)... so STUDY HARD... u'll need to... =D *thank god i dropped math*

Emph said:
English Paper One

Think I went a bit wrong with section one... the first question threw me and that poem was friggin' confusing!

Section Two was good.

Section three.... do they want a more broader question?! But what exactly are the 'assumptions' underlying the concept of imaginative journeys?
that poem wasn't confusing!!... it was very straight-to-the-point.... take a look at last year's paper one trial... question one text 2... now THAT poem was confusing...

Last edited by a moderator:

mz.SONYA

HSC
buttaflai said:
The Advantage of doing the CSSA Trial paper is that it's said to be the Hardest trial paper (trials in general tend to be harder than the actual HSC as they are biased and use language/terms favoured by the 2 or 3 writers whilst the HSC is written in accordance with the syllabus and BOS) ... so u get a good indication of how the Hsc is goin to pan out... if u aced the catholic trial... that isn't an indication to slack off... u still have to study... if u fail it... well it's a kick in the butt to get working in the next 57 or so days u have left... if u don't do the catholic trial... try and get a copy of the past papers... it's v.good practice...

as for weighting... my trial is worth from 35% to 40% >.<*.. not good...

for 2unit mathematics students doing the catholic trial paper... GOOD LUCK... i'll tell u now that the two teachers that wrote the paper come from my school and they're EVIL!! they won't go easy on u... they've bragged that it's the hardest paper they've written in the last 5 years... (at least that's what they said)... so STUDY HARD... u'll need to... =D *thank god i dropped math*
Looks like i'm going to stuff up maths too :/. I'm not sure whether i'm doing the catholic paper or the neap paper for this.

dave197

HSC
exactly what i was thinking, i didnt really like the poem is section 1, fkin confusing, everything else was just as u said, anything u memorised worked..

sinist4

HSC
paper 2 on wednesday is going to be a killer, poor hand, poor poor hand LOL
the poem was confuseing i didnt even read the whole thing ...poor tme management, that'll teache me to skim it in reading time... :D

JhK89

HSC
sinist4 said:
dam i only did 2 pages for creative writing ... thats not good, =/
lol dw i onli did 2.. :( but my friend didnt even attempt o_O

kdale2904

HSC
it was ohk...
i just brain feezed =S
and had about 20 mins to go and had to get section 2 done.... i did three :S but seriously... quality not quanitity

sinist4

HSC
wait... did every one use BOS type booklets or them note pads that are a bit larger than a4 size, i used the note pads.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
The poem from that Italian dude did throw me off abit.

I wrote one whole 8 page booklet for q3 and 5 pages for creative writing.

The essay q. was pretty much a "tell me everything you have learnt about physical journeys" question.

Valo

HSC
meh it was a pretty massive exam. i did the essay first got carried away, did 7 pages, got carried away went for around 55 minutes, then section 1 was hell annoying, im sick of them asking for journeys in general cus i dont think i covered it that well seeing as though my adv only does imaginative journeys, creative writing was good, only did like 2.5 pages but it doesnt matter about the length just that you have displayed knowledge of the imaginative journey, lol wrote about Alice from alice in wonderland when shes 17, all drug fucked and slipping in and out of a coma, then right before she dies she goes back to wonderland only to find the queen of hearts has killed everyone. the next test will be shithouse

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
<3 AOS paper 1.
i wrote 5pages for section 1. I could understand the poems this time, unlike some of the ones in last years CSSA paper =/
5 pages for creative writing
9 pages for essay. Wrote word by word my prepared essay and just linked it back to the Q.
Although, i kinda stuffed up the creative writing as my generic story wasn't that adaptable. But anyways it was a good exam.

Last edited:

richiie

HSC
Jeanelle said:
yer paper one was heaps good i thought itd b heaps harder but i think i aced it... i wrote 10 pages all up now i got re tomoro not a good subject if neone has notes plz send em to me much appreciated fanx
hahah jeanelle u nerd !

The poem was pretty straight forward i reckon. I jsut wrote about how it shows the struggles and fear faced in a journey and shit.

Anyone write anything other than a story for the creative? Poems or a song even?

Last edited:

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
Finally the school got a hold of the proper HSC 8 page booklets, they are so much easier to write in.
Wrote two whole booklets for Essay, but as you can expect that left me with only about an hour for the rest of the paper.
How Easy was the essay question? Jeez, if the Trials are the 'hardest' whats the HSC going to be like?
Comprehension was damn easy, except i always feel like i'm repeating myself by the time i get to the 6 mark Q.
Only had 25 mins for the creative but like many other people it's about quality not quantity. Wrote about 5 pages for that.
What everyone's view on the issue of related texts. ONE was the minimum but teachers always stress the importance of doing TWO. The problem is that the amount of time it takes to add that extra text, eats into the rest of my exam time, leaving me with 1 hour to complete the exam as apposed to 1:10.
(An extra ten minutes like that would make it so much easier, and give me more time for thr creative.)

richiie

HSC
Yeah i realised how long these questions took me to do. I would of added an extra text but liek you said, eats time!

Tim035

HSC
I comprehended young viewers as like around years 7-10 or was it intended for like young, young viewers.. I wrote a story about a guy who loses a gambling bet to a crime boss and ends up having to pay the debt by doing the crimes instructed by him.
Don't know how much that will crusify me.. luckily its only weighed 7.5%
- Anywho essay - 9 pages
story- 6 1/2 pages
Comprehension I'm preety sure I comprehended and answered all these questions reasonably well, filled up the booklet.

Now I'm cramming for religion rofl, I do 12 units and really don't care about religion except that I probley should atleast pass the subject, lucky I have no exam tommorow morning either.

neecolie

HSC
richiie said:
hahah jeanelle u nerd !

The poem was pretty straight forward i reckon. I jsut wrote about how it shows the struggles and fear faced in a journey and shit.

Anyone write anything other than a story for the creative? Poems or a song even?

yes.. i did diary entries.. was quite fun. from childhood to young adult.. sorta suited the criteria, as the persona was suppose be a young adult..

grahhh! section3, not enough time, and my hand is still hurting.. booo

neecolie

HSC
buttaflai said:
for 2unit mathematics students doing the catholic trial paper... GOOD LUCK... i'll tell u now that the two teachers that wrote the paper come from my school and they're EVIL!! they won't go easy on u... they've bragged that it's the hardest paper they've written in the last 5 years... (at least that's what they said)... so STUDY HARD... u'll need to... =D *thank god i dropped math*...
you're killing me, i havent studied for maths

eminator

HSC
Curse you, CSSA!! Ahhh I have economics and religion tomorrow. As much as I love economics, I'm really scared about this exam. I hate religion (stupid Catholic school make it compulsory...grrrr...)

Please people, Pray for me :eek:p

English paper wasn't that bad. Haha my creative didn't fit the stimulus, it had absolutely NOTHING to do with the world. Had to use my half-yearly one that i'd almost forgotten. Hehe. Whoops.

zeek

HSC
it was :confused:

omfg man whyyyyyyyyy does english have to be compulsory :(

nerakp

HSC
I only wrote 2 pages for that. And it was an article kind of. :\

I didn't like Section 1's questions. They were so vague! My arm felt like it was gonna to fall off after my 4th page of writing. How some people can write 50000 pages worth of answers in 2 hours is a mystery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)